Sign in to follow this  
column5

A Little Christmas Cheer

Some of the commentary below the article is truly naive and utterly illogical...

Yeah, a sad day for the city of Toronto, yet another shining example of the over zealous religious right.

Islam is now on the "religious right"? :blink:

No I meant it in the sense that the father was probably a right-wing fundamentalist Islamist or a nutjob, well, you have to be kind of both I guess to be willing to strangle your daughter over her refusal to wear the Hijab.

Probably best to call him an islamo-fascist. Just because one is on the "right-wing" does not make one a religious radical or a fascist, jsut as not everyone on the "left-wing" is a communist.

Edited by column5

I agree. Perhaps I should have worded my comment differently.

Anyway HOW can you kill your own child, its makes me wonder. Its not a dog or a cat, its your own blood and flesh.

Anyway HOW can you kill your own child, its makes me wonder. Its not a dog or a cat, its your own blood and flesh.

There is historical precedent--in ancient Rome the pater familias (head of a family) had absolute authority over everyone in his household, including the right to kill them if he saw fit.

Its just that everyone else in the world has evolved above this sort of thing, while islam remains unreformed, and thus stuck on 7th century dogma.

I honestly don't think he ment to kill her. But strangleing your daughter non the less it prety harsh

Dude he was trying to kill her. Why else would he choke her like that? To get her to conform? BULLs**t....his "beliefs" were violated by his daughter and he punished her according to his beliefs. And now we have a dead 16 yr old girl who never even got a chance on life.

Dudes.

according to the islamic religion, she was accused of defilement of the honor of the family.

It happens a lot even here in Israel among muslems.

If a muslem woman will dare to date An Israeli jewish guy, her fate is doomed.

But if the case is reversed, if the guy is muslem, then he is honored by his comunity.

Now that is Islam for you, the fondementalistic Islam anyway.

If a muslem woman will dare to date An Israeli jewish guy, her fate is doomed.

:blink:

Thats Good to know

It dosen't happen just in Israel, that so called "Honor Codex" happens. Right here in Denmark are these "Honorkillings" not seldom. And none of those werent judes. Its plain wrong and I hope those people who does them, will burn in HELL or whereever Bad people goes when they die..

You raise your family in a free land and then when they show signs of individual freedom you kill them. As a former coworker of mine once said, There is no understanding their 'mentabilities'. yes he said 'mentabilities'.

It just make me SO angry.... Just like the girl in Saudi who got 200 stick beatings and 1/2 year in prison after she got raped by 9 guys, her only crime she committed, was as she sat in automobile with a male who was not related to her.... IFS thats a Crime.....

It just make me SO angry.... Just like the girl in Saudi who got 200 stick beatings and 1/2 year in prison after she got raped by 9 guys, her only crime she committed, was as she sat in automobile with a male who was not related to her.... IFS thats a Crime.....

In Saudi it is, i had to study Islam for part of my degree. Saudi has a religious police and a normal police, the religious police can check your papers and if they find a woman with a man who is not related to her either as her husband, father, brother or grandfather... the punishment is decided by clerics :blink: If you grow up in Saudi you can effectively forget about dating, casually strolling or chatting with the opposite sex like in the West hence the f***ed up "mentabilities" that devolve in some parts of this world. Just chatting with any Indian, Pakistani or Bangladeshi or from watching Asian film, you see how very very common the idea of incest is but typically in many cases it is the girl who is punished as she is considered the one who tempts the male to lust, Eve gets the blame first all the time. Anyways, Funda-mental-ists belong in the dustbin of history along with Hitler, Genghis Khan, Pol Pot, Saddam Hussein, Betamax and Hanson

I know but its sad anyway

. Just chatting with any Indian, Pakistani or Bangladeshi or from watching Asian film,

W-O-W What an enlightened comment :rolleyes: , so you're judging an entire nation (i.e India) and it's people based on what ? Their movies ? TV show's ? and maybe the news ? That's akin to me forming my opinion about the U.S.A based on FOX "NEWS :haha: " and not ever having met an American citizen or having been to the U.S.A and saying "dem der people de r all da same" :nono:

Edited by Atreides

W-O-W What an enlightened comment :rolleyes: , so you're judging an entire nation (i.e India) and it's people based on what ? Their movies ? TV show's ? and maybe the news ? That's akin to me forming my opinion about the U.S.A based on FOX "NEWS :haha: " and not ever having met an American citizen or having been to the U.S.A and saying "dem der people de r all da same" :nono:

Sharing the same toilet, shower and bath with Indian boys for 2 years, same with Pakistanis for 2 years and having a Bangladeshi girlfriend for 2 years during 5 years of university when of that time i'd say 95% of my friends in this city are Asian... I don't say in that post that ALL asians do incest, but i stick by my remark that in all my 5 years of living with and talking with Asians on a 24 x 7 basis, that the concept of brother sister incest and the fact that it happens is well known and discussed and joked about in the Asian community. If you don't live in a muti cultural city let alone in an extremely ethnic part of one as I do, then films music and books are another glimpse at a peoples culture but nowhere close to living, eating, drinking, laughing, etc with people.

Guess you maybe right, I shared my student rez with a majority of Scot's and almost all of them were attracted to sheeps and goats, guess that explain's alot about why they wore skirts with no zipper's.

EDIT:- Using your "logic" that mean's everyone in the U.S south, as cartoon's and comedy show's depict MUST be inbred too..eeggadd That explain's it all. :doh:

Edited by Atreides

Uhm...there is a difference between stereotypes and things that actually define particular cultures. We aren't all the same, and contrary to what multiculturalists teach some cultures are truly better than others. "Islamic" culture, if you'll accept that there is such a thing, is truly violent, repressive of women, and stuck in a time long past. Objectively speaking, Canadian culture and society (just as an example) is more highly evolved, more compassionate--better, if you will--than say the islamic cultures in Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan. Doesn't mean that any individual Canadian is better than a given individual Saudi, but one culture is undeniably superior.

So, we can have fun laughing at stereotypes of the South and of Scotland, or we can acknoledge that we are in the process of being threatened by a vicious, barbaric, dysfunctional culture driven by an out of control religion.

Just my opinion of course.

Guess you maybe right, I shared my student rez with a majority of Scot's and almost all of them were attracted to sheeps and goats, guess that explain's alot about why they wore skirts with no zipper's.

EDIT:- Using your "logic" that mean's everyone in the U.S south, as cartoon's and comedy show's depict MUST be inbred too..eeggadd That explain's it all. :doh:

Scots told you that they have a problem with sheep bothering in Scotland, Scots repeatedly told you that they personally know of cases of it happening, one crazy Scot even admit to you he did it?? Scots wore skirts with no zippers in your rez??? Really :ok:

using my logic, if you replaced the majority Asian with majority U.S. South in the same context, if for five years of eating, sleeping,talking, breathing, living and existing almost entirely within a U.S. South community of people here in Wolves and hearing nothing from them but constant references to how inbreeding is a major though embarrassing problem in the U.S. South, so and so married her cousin, so and so's father killed so and so for it, then yes I would think mate, that it happens a lot more than it should do in the first place but no I would not, and do not think ALL or even most participate.

Besides my point was not that All Asians do things to their siblings, my point was that to some adherents of some ideologies, if and when a guy does things to his sister, it's the girl that gets the blame and linked to that is my suggestion although implied that when said ideologies deny and punish ALL contact between male and female that is not strictly familial unless married... the result is frustration, conflict and wrong things... very wrong bad things which need never happen to anyone.

Much to the relief of the mod's, I'm done.