Sign in to follow this  

Just a shot in the dark, but I was wondering if there is anyway you can get F-14A skins, which most of the F-14 skins seem to be made for, to work for the F-14A+/F-14D?

:dntknw:

Edited by PigDriver

I thought the model was the same.

FastCargo

Well, when I use them on the F-14A+ or the F-14D, sometimes only certain parts of the skins show up or they don't show up at all.

I'm with FastCargo on this. The last official word that I saw stated the only F-14 model on the market is the Mirage Factory model. You must be having some issue with the textures or paths.

Hmmm

Orrrrrr there were decals added on boosting the number of decals per mesh to the affected parts in excess of 4.

Can you post some screens?

Edited by drdoyo

Well, when I use them on the F-14A+ or the F-14D, sometimes only certain parts of the skins show up or they don't show up at all.

Hey PD, the models are the same, no one's made a specific F-14D model per se, but there at least two different F-14 models AFAIK and the skins may not necessarily be interchangeable. But there can also be the odd texture 'issue' from time to time as with these skins from Dels:

Herc2.jpg

Herc1.jpg

12.jpg

I know why this ^^ is happening, just not how, hence, I can't figure out how to stop it other than not using 36 Sqn C-130Hs and C-130J-30s together. Individually they're fine.

Where did you get your Tomcat from?

You won't believe it, now they're working fine! I'm convinced my computer hates me. :blink: Thanks anyway. :smile:

I know why this ^^ is happening, just not how, hence, I can't figure out how to stop it other than not using 36 Sqn C-130Hs and C-130J-30s together. Individually they're fine.

Where did you get your Tomcat from?

Hey SayWhat?! Are you thinking the computer is getting confused?

Just an idea here.

Since both models are basically a C-130, and both call out the same textures perhaps slightly changing the name of the textures and their callouts in one model lod with a hex editer will cure that. Example, change one models Fuselage.bmp to Fuselag2.bmp and so on for the rest of the textures and callouts.

I don't know if it will work, I've never installed my C-130J download only the 130H so I've never experianced this myself.

Hey SayWhat?! Are you thinking the computer is getting confused?

Just an idea here.

Since both models are basically a C-130, and both call out the same textures perhaps slightly changing the name of the textures and their callouts in one model lod with a hex editer will cure that. Example, change one models Fuselage.bmp to Fuselag2.bmp and so on for the rest of the textures and callouts.

I don't know if it will work, I've never installed my C-130J download only the 130H so I've never experianced this myself.

I was thinking that renaming the aircraft and skins completely would do the trick, but that's a bit of an overkill. When I have changed the name of the texture in the past however, it usually results in the plane loading without the texture. I found this to be the case when I tried to add an F-16A skin to an F-16C, and this led me to believe that it'd hold true for the Tomcat...

(Oh, and Mexicans is a Queenslander reference to anyone south of the border, and because we all like ribbing the NSW types! :biggrin: It's about the only good thing Q-landers have come up with other than Metermaids!)

(Oh, and Mexicans is a Queenslander reference to anyone south of the border, and because we all like ribbing the NSW types! :biggrin: It's about the only good thing Q-landers have come up with other than Metermaids!)

Don't forget Bundy! I have an idea what I did, but I'm still convinced my computer has it in for me... :rofl:

There is 2 F-14 models both by the Mirage Factory. They are the US F-14A and the Iranian F-14. Everything else is a mod based on those. There is no, I repeat, no true F-14D out there yet.

There is 2 F-14 models both by the Mirage Factory. They are the US F-14A and the Iranian F-14. Everything else is a mod based on those. There is no, I repeat, no true F-14D out there yet.

Sorry, where can I download the F-14D?? Hehehe! :rofl: Not the face, not the face!!

Guest Sony Tuckson

those skin issues are a small bug from the game

the game can't manage different models sharing the same skin names simultaneously

I discovered it while painting the dual seat vipers which initially shared the signle seater skin names

while having both models in formation, skins were miexed up somehow

renaming the B model skins solved it