Sign in to follow this  
Piloto

A little question for you rotorheads out there...

How come (as i never seen and searched return nothing) i havent seen nobody talked about this chopper:

Kaman Sh2 SeaSprite/Super Seasprite

Lynx1.jpg

sprite3.jpg

Ive been reading about it and his use in Vietnam as Gunship and it has an interesting history...although, nobody seems to like it . :wink:

Opinions please.

Ive been reading about it and his use in Vietnam as Gunship and it has an interesting history...although, nobody seems to like it . :wink:

Opinions please.

Yeah its a helicopter - like who cares! :biggrin:

It is a solid platform, that is why it has been in service for so long.

The Royal Australian Navy may have a bone to pick about that description of their Super Seasprites ... :tomato:

The Royal Australian Navy may have a bone to pick about that description of their Super Seasprites ... :tomato:

Or the Kiwis! They love their SH-2Gs!

While some people may not want the SH-2 I am one who would want it. Perhaps as a project over vacation...

Sounds like the Kiwi Sea Sprites work then - the RANs are 6 years behind schedule, way over budget & don't meet their airworthiness standards.

holy cow you mean there are still some of those flying somewhere???? i thought they all got retired well goes to show ya...ok i'll go back to my cave now

How come (as i never seen and searched return nothing) i havent seen nobody talked about this chopper:

Kaman Sh2 SeaSprite/Super Seasprite

Lynx1.jpg

sprite3.jpg

Opinions please.

Do a search under LAMPS (Light Attack Multi Prpose System) they came in about three flavors. Mostly the LAMPS was developed to give Heli born ASW and some S&R capability to smaller surface platforms that could not carry the larger Sikorsky heli's. FF like the Reuben James and such carried LAMPS some versions had MAd and sonobouys others had a dipping sonar. A few had a 7.62 chin mounted mini gun but this varient was very rare Spain had a couple with this on the old Didalo I saw this varient up close while in port in Rota back in 1977.

By the Way Kamaan Heli's is located inCt. and the worlds first turbine powered Heli was devloped by them. It was the flying test bed for the old Husky with the intermessing rotors and was on display for many years at the New england Air museum at Bradley International Airport . Back in the mid 90's Kamaan took the Heli back and developed the Aerial logger from it to replace the display heli they gave the museum the only known flight capable Husky left in the world.

John

Guest 531_Ghost
holy cow you mean there are still some of those flying somewhere???? i thought they all got retired well goes to show ya...ok i'll go back to my cave now

Hell yes they're flying! AUS, NZ, Egypt and Poland currently flying the Seasprite

I would love to see the CH-46 Sea Knight and CH-53 Super Stallion in game. I love those birds, being a marine.