Sign in to follow this  
Baltika

Operation Mountain Twilight v1.2

Operation Mountain Twilight v1.2

OMT v1.2

Included the updated terrain MOVEMENT.INI file which controls the frontline.

24 November 2008

Operation Mountain Twilight v 1.1

by baltika

Revision Date: 23 November 2008

This is an update of my original OMT campaign to work with Wrench's 4 seasons re-release of Majorlee's American North West Terrain. This has exactly the same planeset and installation requirements as the original campaign, so please see the v1.0 readme for all the aircraft and groundobjects you will require to install.

Obviously, you should use Wrench's updated ANW terrain build, not any previous ANW release. Here's the link:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=7615

Thanks to MajorLee for the original terrain, Wrench for his upgrades, and Deuces, Doghouse and Brain32 for the additional tilesets. If I have missed anyone out, please let me know and I will add them in.

What's new:

1. I have added 25+ new target areas to Wrench's original Target List. There are a number of new target areas based on Wrench's existing ones, but all of Wrench's updated targets are in there, so you do not lose anything from the updated terrain. I have also included Doghouse's SAM sites mod, with his permission, so thanks for that, Doghouse. You will find that flying down those canyons becomes a necessity, not a joyride, once the SAM sites go online!

2. I have substantially re-worked the strategic nodes based on the new Target List.

3. Due to changes introduced by the Oct 08 patches, I have had to split the campaign files into separate campaigns for Red and Blue side flyable. If you want to fly the campaign for the Global Sedition, select "OMT: Red" from the campaign selection menu. I have reduced the GS ground unit strength in the Red-Side campaign to make it less of a cakewalk for GS pilots. Blue Side campaign is still a tough nut to crack ;-)

4. There are a number of alternative Win/Lose screens included in the d/l pack. These used to be called out for individual squadrons, but that seems not to work under Oct 08 patch. So, the default Win/Lose screen is called out from the main campaign_DATA.ini file. You can change the settings to select alternative Win/Lose screens if you wish, just edit the name of the screenshot called out.

5. I have also included ext's RCAF Vampire skin, as I can't track down the d/l link. Thanks to ext for the nice skin, cheers mate ;-)

INSTALLATION:

I have packaged the files up so it should be obvious where everything has to go.

Install the terrain and planeset first.

Unzip the d/l package to a temporary folder, then copy the unzipped files across. When asked to over-write, say yes.

You must use the included AmericaNW_targets.ini, AmericaNW_Movement.ini and AmericaNW_types.ini, or the campaign will not work properly.

You will have to copy the content of the "Add to SquadronList" folder to your existing SQUADRONLIST.INI, renumbering as the next in sequence.

There should be no problem with dropping the new campaign files into an existing OMT campaign install, just over-write when prompted.

HEALTH WARNING

As ever, back up any modded files before you overwrite them - it's easier to restore your originals that way ;-)

Most of the required planes are older mods, which may or may not work properly in the latest round of patches. Try flying in normal mode if you are having serious trouble with a particular plane. I haven't yet experienced any huge issues, but your mileage may vary.

Any problems, questions, comments, etc, drop me a line at combatace.

Happy Hunting to one and all,

Baltika

Nov 08

Glad you're enjoying it, cheers :good:

As per my usual practice, I welcome any feedback/comments/bug reports/gripes you may care to offer.

As is also my usual practice, I just got it released when I started working on v1.1 :crazy: (And a sequel or two, to take us through the 70s, 80s, and beyond - but that's another story :wink: )

So, if there's anything you think I missed out, or have a suggestion you'd like to see implemented in v1.1, feel free to sound off about it.

There are bound to be a few more candidates for nations to join the Alliance, for example. And I'm sure the same goes for the Global Sedition. And I seem to have missed out a whole swathe of USAF attack planes - I'm gonna have to fix that. And for some reason there are no heavy bomber squadrons for the Alliance.

Uh-oh, looks like I'm starting a wish list of my own.

Me, I'm having a blast flying a Tunnan for the Flygvapnet - that thing can move :cool:

Cheers for now

Glad you're enjoying it, cheers :good:

As per my usual practice, I welcome any feedback/comments/bug reports/gripes you may care to offer.

As is also my usual practice, I just got it released when I started working on v1.1 :crazy: (And a sequel or two, to take us through the 70s, 80s, and beyond - but that's another story :wink: )

So, if there's anything you think I missed out, or have a suggestion you'd like to see implemented in v1.1, feel free to sound off about it.

There are bound to be a few more candidates for nations to join the Alliance, for example. And I'm sure the same goes for the Global Sedition. And I seem to have missed out a whole swathe of USAF attack planes - I'm gonna have to fix that. And for some reason there are no heavy bomber squadrons for the Alliance.

Uh-oh, looks like I'm starting a wish list of my own.

Me, I'm having a blast flying a Tunnan for the Flygvapnet - that thing can move :cool:

Cheers for now

I would remove the t-45 in the raf upgrades ..and the a-6 in the usaf one

And you know what we need ..trees for the america terrain

Wish I knew how to make tods file

I would remove the t-45 in the raf upgrades ..and the a-6 in the usaf one

And you know what we need ..trees for the america terrain

Wish I knew how to make tods file

Thanks for your suggestions -

I take your point re the t-45 & a-6. In fact, I think I need to re-work the whole usaf/usn squadron setup, and add a USMC squadron or two.

Agreed re the addition of tree tods for this terrain. There is an excellent tutorial by Deuces on how to do just that. I have had a crack at it, but without much success. In fairness, I was trying to add CA_Stary's villages to the town tiles on Gepard's BoB terrain, but it seemed the village model was too complex to by added in the way described here:-

http://www.sfmods.com/tutorials/terrtut/trees.html

But adding just trees probably ought to be possible using Deuce's method.

Something else to add to the wishlist :biggrin:

Thanks for your suggestions -

I take your point re the t-45 & a-6. In fact, I think I need to re-work the whole usaf/usn squadron setup, and add a USMC squadron or two.

Agreed re the addition of tree tods for this terrain. There is an excellent tutorial by Deuces on how to do just that. I have had a crack at it, but without much success. In fairness, I was trying to add CA_Stary's villages to the town tiles on Gepard's BoB terrain, but it seemed the village model was too complex to by added in the way described here:-

http://www.sfmods.com/tutorials/terrtut/trees.html

But adding just trees probably ought to be possible using Deuce's method.

Something else to add to the wishlist :biggrin:

In the ANW terrain there are only five tiles

Desert1

Desert2

Desert2mountain25, 50, 75

and mountain1 which is all rocky mountain top

I ve found in the DRV terrain tods for some of those tiles

Desert 1 & 2 and desert2mountains25

the desert2 sadly is used for airfield too, which means trees in the middle of runways so it isa no go

by adding the terobject_tree_pine.tga from eaw terrain I think, and

by adding those lines to the ANWgreen.ini ( call ANWgreen the north america terrain wit mountain thaw)

I havee trees in the terrain but of course only on desrt1 and desrt2mountain25

It is a quick and dirty solution, but works withou doinf your own tods

Baltika, do me a favour and post this on the general discussion on my behalf plese,, maybe someone has more mpoints

this needs experiment and my family life is a bitch at the moment

[Texture001]

Filename=desert2.BMP

HasWater=0

Color=0.839992,0.700433,0.483966

SolidObjectTexture=

AlphaObjectTexture=terobject_tree_pine.tga

[Texture002]

Filename=desert1.BMP

HasWater=0

Color=0.858675,0.710850,0.489428

SolidObjectTexture=

[Texture003]

Filename=desert2mountain25.BMP

HasWater=0

Color=0.830247,0.690772,0.482596

SolidObjectTexture=

[Texture004]

Filename=desert2mountain50.BMP

HasWater=0

Color=0.782072,0.653413,0.471663

SolidObjectTexture=

[Texture005]

Filename=desert2mountain75.BMP

HasWater=0

Color=0.744036,0.627575,0.464992

SolidObjectTexture=

[Texture006]

Filename=mountain1.BMP

HasWater=0

Color=0.718371,0.605424,0.451735

SolidObjectTexture=

Here's a few pointers, in answer to a request for help:-

F100Dc

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=5635

Yak28P

http://www.majorleesaerodrome.net/

Tu-22 - stock in SFP1

Mig-17F - stock in SFP1, you will have to add a cockpit to make it flyable

Mig-19S - as above

Su-7BM - as above

F-4SL

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=5236

T-62 & M60A1 are in pasko's desert pack, available here in the groundobject section at combatace; there are Euro green skins for them floating around somewhere.

T62A I confess I am having trouble finding myself - it may be in a campaign pack d/l or something. If you can't find it, just edit the T-62A entries to read T-62 in the OMT_data.ini file, under the Global Coalition ground forces section.

EDIT: T-62A is a stock WoE object, so it looks like you will have to have WoE to get it. If you don't have WoE, just substitute it for a T-62 from pasko's pack.

If you look in the cockpit section of the d'l area, there are many MiG pits for you to choose from, with instructions on how to make them work.

Cheers,

baltika

Edited by Baltika

I'd like to clear the air a bit on this Mountain Thaw terrain mod. The terrain tiles used are NOT of my creation. Please stop crediting me with them. They came from a Germany mod I received a while back, that had no information on who the author was. Because of that I never credited anyone for the tiles. I believe they are Dueces, but have no way to verify, and I will not argue the point. Dueuces I'm so terribly sorry for any confusion this has caused, none of it was intentional. Those tiles are absolutely beautiful and thank you for sharing them with us.

CA has removed Mountain Thaw from their data base. I have since updated the mod giving credit where credit is due and am waiting for the green light to post the mod again. However this has taken far to long. Until then, anyone wanting (the updated) Mountain Thaw will have to contact me directily.

I'd like to clear the air a bit on this Mountain Thaw terrain mod. The terrain tiles used are NOT of my creation. Please stop crediting me with them. They came from a Germany mod I received a while back, that had no information on who the author was. Because of that I never credited anyone for the tiles. I believe they are Dueces, but have no way to verify, and I will not argue the point. Dueuces I'm so terribly sorry for any confusion this has caused, none of it was intentional. Those tiles are absolutely beautiful and thank you for sharing them with us.

CA has removed Mountain Thaw from their data base. I have since updated the mod giving credit where credit is due and am waiting for the green light to post the mod again. However this has taken far to long. Until then, anyone wanting (the updated) Mountain Thaw will have to contact me directily.

Doghouse

We are still waiting to hear from Deuces. Sorry about the delays in getting this resolved.

This campaign is "back in the workshop" for conversion to full compatability with Wrench's recent outstanding American NW terrain 4 seasons rebuild.

It will run on the updated terrain in its present form, but you will lose a lot of Wrench's excellent target area additions.

My advice: fly this campaign on an "old" ANW terrain if you like, but wait until I have completed the update before using it on Wrench's 4 seasons rebuild.

Cheers all,

Baltika

This campaign is "back in the workshop" for conversion to full compatability with Wrench's recent outstanding American NW terrain 4 seasons rebuild.

It will run on the updated terrain in its present form, but you will lose a lot of Wrench's excellent target area additions.

My advice: fly this campaign on an "old" ANW terrain if you like, but wait until I have completed the update before using it on Wrench's 4 seasons rebuild.

Cheers all,

Baltika

This great news Baltika!I'm excited to see that some of our retro campaigns with their respected terrains coming back to life.Besides,this new addition,Seasonal ANW-The 4 Seasons terrain I like to call it,is screaming for campaigns and missions alike.Post WWII/Korea era aircraft and weaponry I can envision.But,then again any Cold War or Modern era is welcome too.I myself can't wait fly the B-1B in on some of those devilish targets that The Wrench has added.Loving everything about your idea!

Thanks Baltika.

When you have a second, can you elaborate on this please, quoted from your readme? thank you very much, I like to understand better!

3. Due to changes introduced by the Oct 08 patches, I have had to split the campaign files into separate campaigns for Red and Blue side flyable.

Hi Canadair,

Under the old build, you could list call-outs for individual win/lose/stall screens under each squadron's entry in the campaign.ini file. Under the Oct 08 patch, that seems to be broken and the game only recognises win/lose/stall screen callouts in the main campaign_data.ini file. Unfortunately, that means you can only have one win/lose/stall screen per campaign - and abviously you would need different ones for each side.

I raised this issue over at Thirdwire, no reply, yet:

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5822

It actually makes campaign building easier, as the temptation to create different screens for every single squadron is gone.

But I do miss the variety :sorry:

Edited by Baltika

Hi Canadair,

Under the old build, you could list call-outs for individual win/lose/stall screens under each squadron's entry in the campaign.ini file. Under the Oct 08 patch, that seems to be broken and the game only recognises win/lose/stall screen callouts in the main campaign_data.ini file. Unfortunately, that means you can only have one win/lose/stall screen per campaign - and abviously you would need different ones for each side.

I raised this issue over at Thirdwire, no reply, yet:

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5822

It actually makes campaign building easier, as the temptation to create different screens for every single squadron is gone.

But I do miss the variety :sorry:

Thanks for the explanation,, basically it is a cosmetic problem and nothing really major. Thank you

I forgot to include the updated terrain MOVEMENT.INI file which controls the frontline for the campaign.

Here is the hotfix:

[FrontLine]

FriendlyBase=Salmon River Oil Fields

EnemyBase=Global Sedition HQ

Position[001]=000000.000,250000.000

Position[002]=070000.000,260000.000

Position[003]=100000.000,280000.000

Position[004]=130000.000,290000.000

Position[005]=160000.000,280000.000

Position[006]=190000.000,275000.000

Position[007]=220000.000,280000.000

Position[008]=250000.000,250000.000

Position[009]=270000.000,210000.000

Position[010]=300000.000,215000.000

Position[011]=330000.000,230000.000

Position[012]=360000.000,260000.000

Position[013]=390000.000,250000.000

Position[014]=420000.000,260000.000

Position[015]=450000.000,280000.000

Position[016]=500000.000,290000.000

StartShow=1

EndShow=16

Cut and paste that frontline entry into the AmericaNW_MOVEMENT.INI file, over-writing the old entries.

Sorry about that :blush:

Edited by Baltika