Progressing nicely. Only the aircraft codes and "ROYAL NAVY" decals to do. Only two skins for the Mk I. The all over grey shown earlier was the delivery paint for the Greece destined Mk IIIs that were transferred to Desert Air Force duty.

post-2351-1197768233_thumb.jpg

post-2351-1197768251_thumb.jpg

Edited by LloydNB

Excellent work Lloyd.

Nice. I knew the Royal Navy used the Wildcat but I never knew that is was named Martlet. :good:

Nice. I knew the Royal Navy used the Wildcat but I never knew that is was named Martlet.

Yep! The FAA and RAF renamed various American aircraft. After WWII, Bomber Command, awaiting replacements for its Avro Lincolns (prior to the V bombers) took on some B-29's.............. 'Washingtons'........... to keep things ticking over.

Edited by Hinchinbrooke

Looking good lloyd! You make a new template for these???

As to renaming, don't forget the RAF gave the name "Mustang" to that North American Wonder!! And 'Catalina' to the PBY, iirc.

TBF/TBM = Tarpon

F6F = Gannet

A-20 = Boston

B-34 = Hudson

some other I can't remember...

Wrench

kevin stein

ps: how come the Brits always come up with such cool names?? Merlin, Griffon, Spitfire ...

The Brits do give cool names. And why did Hawker use storms and why are RAF fighters still named after them?

Hurricane, Tempest, Tyhpoon. I bet the RAF gots it way to name the MRCA as Tornado and ECA as Typhoon.

Hi Wrench

Yes its a new template. My scanner is getting a good work over.

I plan to do a template for the Mk I, II and III, together with amended F4F-F_DATA.ini files for each so that the number of guns and their position is correct. The Mk I and III also have the folding wings turned off.

I'm glad it meets with everyone's approval. I'll post some pictures of the Mk III tomorrow.

LloydNB

Edited by LloydNB

Mk Is completed - posting soon. Two squadrons will be in the rar file, 802 NAS in a desert camo and 804 NAS in a FAA camo scheme.

LloydNB

post-2351-1198993601_thumb.jpg

Mk Is completed - posting soon. Two squadrons will be in the rar file, 802 NAS in a desert camo and 804 NAS in a FAA camo scheme.

LloydNB

excellent stuff,thanks