Hi,

I tried to make my own mission by using the KMD editor, I read the tutorial and build my (carrier) mission as I want it to be,

by using one of the Israel maps.

But When I go ingame, and I am in a dogfight I can not hear ( the bip sound) or watch in the cockipt the enemy lock......only my wingman says that someone have lock me..

after secs I am killed.

My fighters are F-16 Blk 50/52 (Hellenic) while the enemy planes are F-16 Blk 15 OCU-BAF (Belgium)......during 1995

is this happen because both Nations are Friendly in the Nation.ini (?)

is this happen because both use the same weapons like AIM-9L (?)

Please help me.....

(1.Also can someone explain me how the chance part in the editor works, whats the difference btn 100% and 50%, the tutorial confused me)

(2. Except of the lock problem my mission works fine)

(3. If this is a double post, give me the link of the previous one)

Edited by Kaizer

Guest Saganuay82

You set one of the flights to enemy? What do you mean by hear the bip sound?

You set one of the flights to enemy? What do you mean by hear the bip sound?

The bip sound is the sound that the radar makes when someone lock or release a missile to you

img00008kx6.th.jpg

When there is a missile coming towards you, there is a green light to inform you (plus the bip sound),

in my mission dogfights there isn't any green light/Sound........

Guest Saganuay82

Ah OK, well, no you won't have the RWR sound when they fire heat seekers at you. So that is why you are dying without any warning from the plane. But if they are firing at you then you have one of the flights set to enemy.

Ah OK, well, no you won't have the RWR sound when they fire heat seekers at you. So that is why you are dying without any warning from the plane. But if they are firing at you then you have one of the flights set to enemy.

Ok, I did not know that :sorry: , Thanks :good:

I made 3 missions and I delete them because of that, now I have to remake them :blink:

RWR stands for Radar Warning Receiver. You will hear tones (at least in real life) when a radar beam passes over your aircraft. The tone will become more intense when you are locked. By monitoring the sources of radar beams hitting your aircraft, the system is able to tell you the bearing and threat level of each return. It does not measure distances however. So when you look at the RWR, and you see a blip that is closer to you than another, it does not mean that emitter is closer to you, it means that he is a greater threat.

The RWR monitors each return for signs of a launch, generally the lock/activation of a radar-guided missile, ARH or SARH these days. Because these missiles (and the aircraft firing them) send out special signals when they are launched, the RWR will let you know. However, if the missile is a passive seeker, infra-red like the sidewinder, or Electro-optical like assorted SAM loads, you will receive no warning. It does not send anything out, just takes things in, like your heat signature, or visible shape. So they're extra dangerous, but also easier to fool, if you notice them at all.

That's the danger of a MANPAD like the SA-5 (I believe is used in WOE, correct?), hand-launched and with no warning, it's very easy to miss.

MANPADS are SA-7 and SA-14, along with the Stingers (ie: Man Portable Air Defense System, of somthing similiar)

You also won't get a waring from teh SA-9, as it's IR too, like our Chaparrels (sidewinders on a tank!)

I'd hate to see the size of that poor bastard carrying a Gammon!!!! 'Bout the size of King Kong or Godzilla!! :rofl:

Wrench

kevin stein

Woops, sorry, I meant to type 7... Why is it always the numbers that I miss!? :rofl:

Chuck Norris, however, launches the Gammon from his shoulder.... :yes:

Chuck Norris, however, launches the Gammon from his shoulder.... :yes:

Yes he does..... The Gammon built by McGuyver, using chewing gum paper, a rubber band and the spring of a ballpen. :haha: