So I'm not sure whats wrong here. I have PF and 1946 installed seperate and finally decided to merge, so i uninstalled reinstalled PF and wanted to merge adn it all appears to go well. But after merged I'm not able to launch the game. It just hangs.

Is there a way to manually merge the files ?

I got PF as part of that pack for $20 over a year ago, and bought 1946 separate at the same time. Never bothered with the merge until now since i'm back to playing them.

Any advice would be great

Thanks.

Wow Now i feel stupid.

I just see all these comments about "merged" this and that in regards to compatibility for missions and i find myself confused.

I guess looking at my single missions I can see that everything is already there.

NM then. I can delete PF from my HD :)

Edited by Husky42

Right, if you have 46 you've got it all. The ONLY reason to keep a separate install would be for MP compatability with people who don't have 46.

But is it possible to merge at all? I don't get an option.

I just got the '46 DVD today and tried installing, but the only option is to make a separate install.

With PF i got the merge-option at the install menu.

The reason to merge is to keep all skins, missions and all the changes to controls and graphics.

Thanks

/Axl

No, 46 will not install over an existing install, it is self-contained standalone install only.

PF was designed to merge with FB/AEP specifically, this was not.

You'll have to manually move all the skins and missions you want over. You might be able to copy the .ini files over but that's risky as some lines might have changed between 4.04 and 4.06.