Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

C&C Generals: Zero Hour...

Does anyone here play Zero Hour?? I was helping to mod it with some like minded buddies, but since I bought my new machine, I cannot get it to run at all. I've checked online to see if there are any issues with it and the Geforce 8800GT, and there appear to be none, yet it won't run. What could I be missing here??

We're in the process of modding the hell out of it since the standard version is just boring as bat sh*t to my buds and I. Doing things like having Scuds that can practically hit you from the other side of an 8 player map, Gattling cannons that fire like gats should (ie one round every tenth of a second, not every half second), B-2s that get low and fast, as opposed to being billion dollar sitting ducks, armoured personnel carriers that actually have armour, and so on...

...and it's just a little frustrating having it crash after double clicking the icon.

hmm sorry m8 i have it but haven't played in a while....but i like the sound of what your doing

Maybe it's a problem with the INI code because I've done some personal version of many MODs around.

And sometime it's hard to find the error in the INI files.

Check, check, check.

Or try to send me the files.

Alex.

Definitely not the inis... well, I don't think it should be. In the past, I used to get a critical error saying something along the lines of "ZH has encountered a serious error, yadda yadda yadda re-install, yadda yadda yadda, EA sucks, yadda yadda yadda tip your waiters. So I'd just replace the altered inis with the previous version that worked (either the originals or the modded ones) and it would work fine after that. No, what seems to be happening here is that I install, patch to 1.03/1.04 or whatever the current patch is (this mod will work with both) and then try to run it before adding the mod. And everytime, even after restarts, just after the blue Generals:ZH logo but before the blue EA logo, it freezes and dies...

Is it a mod of the mod or a new one?

If it's a mod of the mod wich one? ColdWarCrisis, MEC 1.5, ShockWave, Contra, An Act of War, Blitzkrieg, Restore Justice, CNC Holland, etc...... :biggrin:

Most Important: ZH patched to 1.04 and the mod using something shared with base file updated to 1.04 standard.

For example the modded INI made from the original ZH 1.0 in some case are different from the ones of 1.04 , and some models too.

Some years ago I had 2 minimods, one worked with ZH 1.0 and not with 1.04, instead the other worked with 1.04 and not in 1.0 .

Alex

It's based on the "New Tech Mod" V.3 but with a lot of customisation with regards to the behaviour of the Units, their capabilities and increased availability for some units. It required the 1.02 patch initially, but works perfectly fine with 1.04 as I'd been using it on my old system for close to a year. But since I've bought this new system, I get nada...

Righteo... reckon I may have diagnosed part of the problem. It could be relative to the PCIE thingo in my PC. Apparantly, this is a bit of an issue with this game and a few others...