Guys I Am thinking that a So long time Are real f-100s,F-8,f-4e,f-105 and a-7 Ejecting Machine gun Shells?? İf the answer yes They ejeceting Machinne gun Shells On the air What not ejecting in WOV-WOE or SF ?? That Planes Real (f-100s,F-8,f-4e,f-105 and a-7 ) Are the ejecting Machine Gun Shells ??

i know exactly the answer to the F-104, F-4 and F-8. These Jets are equipt with the M61 Vulcan Gatling Gun. The M61 is still in service in the Wingtips or Fuselages of F-15´s and F/A-18´s today. Even the new F-22 Raptor has the M61 inside i assume. So the M61 don´t eject any shells because the shells going, after the round is fired, back to the magazine. Looked from top you have two "pipelines". The right one carries the rounds to the the topbarrel to be fired and the left one transports the shells back to magazine. The Starfighter (F-104) was the first plane equipt with the M61.

So if your planes with M61´s eject shells you have to take look in the plane_DATA.INI, there you can set shells be ejected or not. :yes:

I found a homepage with the description of the M61. Unfortunally it is in german. :dntknw:

http://www.waffenhq.de/flugzeuge/m61vulcan.htm

Edited by FLT

No no say me like that

f-104 eject

f-100no eeject

f-4 no eject

Like that Are thsi planes eject shells? Say me like that I now f-104s ejecting Shells But I want now f-100 f-4e a-7 f-105 and f-8...

I want learn are this planes ejecting shell?

I think that a-4s Are using mk-12 and a-4 ejecting shells But A-7 and f-8 not ejecting... And SUU-23 gunpods inside m-61 And SUU-23 ejecting shells... I want Know Are Real f-4e f-105 f-8 f-100 and A-7 ejecting shells? I wanna Learn This My Grand Father are used f-104s and he said me f-104 are ejecting shell but f-104 using m-61... :dntknw:

Edited by Lovlovyer

The F-104 initially have M61 Vulcan that ejected shells but the Starfighters with the M61A1 dont because during trials the pilots experienced big problems at high speed (the shells pierced the fuselage panels).

In some case I've seen photos of some gun pods that eject shells, but I dont know if are SUU-16 or 23.

For the other aircrafts i dont know. :dntknw:

(As best as I can attemp to under stand what you are saying...)

The F-4 and F-105 did not eject the shells for the reason that FLT said.

The SUU-23 did eject shells for the reason of, well, who wants to lug around an empty pod full of gun shells :rofl:

Even though the F-8 and A-7 use the same gun as the Skyhawk, that doesn't mean they will eject shells too.

The F-100 Super sabre Gun is the M 39 which is a fast firring Revolvertype, not certain but I do believe this gun is ejecting emtys outside the aircraft

Here's 2 realy easy ways to find out....

1) open the data ini for the aircraft in question, fing the "InternalGuns" section and look for EjectShell= ; it'll either be true or false. If true, it gives the location of ejection port.

2) fly the aircraft in question, using the F6 outside view, roll your camera under the plane, and fire the guns. If they eject the spent casing, then they do.

How hard can the be, and what IS the real point??? You should be in the cockpit, hosing those mf's down, not worring about if the casing are fallling out

Wrench

kevin stein

You should be in the cockpit, hosing those mf's down,

:rofl:

Never knew Wrench had a dark side

HEY YOU WANT A TRIVIAL HUNT?

HOW ABOUT ALL THE EMPTY CASINGS DURING WW2

THEY ALL HAD TO FALL TO EARTH

WHAT'S THE CASUALTY COUNT ON THAT

A friend of mine was on exercise and a f-5 zipped over head doing it's strafing run one casing just missed his head.

and the bullets that missed they had to land somewhere?

I have heard reports that when the plo left beruit the shooting the ak's in the air @ noithing killed more than 12 people down range but you never hear about this.

All us gun owners hunters and shooters know that you need to be aware of what is down range incase you miss.

Guest Saganuay82

Remember that for New Years when fools start firing into the air.

Guys I wanna Just Now This Planes Reals Are ejecting Shells Or not eject Just Say Like That

f-100 Ejecting

f-4e no ejecting like that say me I wanna Know This Planes REALS Ejecting or Not eject NOT in GAMEs

I wanna Learn This İf that Shells Not ejecting where are going That Shells :dntknw:

I am Repeating just Say me Like that

f-100 no t eject

f-4 ejecting

İf not ejecting

Cause............

Where Going That shells ??

Thats are Going...........

ok ???

And İn games Planes f-100 f-4 and other planes NOt have a data Like that f100_data.ini or f4e_data.ini Just A Expansion Planes Like a f-104 f-86 sabre and others have a data....

Edited by Lovlovyer

First off, who really give rat's patoot if the shells eject or don't....Like I said before, if you're watching that, you ain't seeing the Gomer behind YOU, getting ready to fill YOU full of holes.

Secondly, NO STOCK AIRCRAFT HAS IT'S DATA INI PROVIDED INSIDE THE INDIVIDUAL AIRCRAFT FOLDER.

YOU have to extract them, useing the cat extraction tool (instrucions for use are in the Knowledge Base)

If I can make heads or tails of the previous post, you want to know WHERE the expended casings and links go??? Probably into a storage bin, somewhere near the gun's ejection port. Some aircraft (F-89A-C Scorpion come to mind), kept them onboard for several reasons:

1) Injestion danger from the links and casing

2) Keep aircraft in balence; ie weight distribution (gun equiped Scrpions did this)

And as to my Dark Side...well, gentlemen, lets just say there isn't a color black enough to describe it...

Wrench

kevin stein

Guest Saganuay82

From the article on the M61 at Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M61_Vulcan

A disadvantage of the M61 is that the bulk of the weapon, its feed system, and ammunition drum makes it difficult to fit it into a densely packed airframe. The feed system must be custom-designed for each application, adding 300-400 lb (140-190 kg) to the complete weapon. Most aircraft installations are double-ended, because the ejection of empty cartridges can cause a foreign-object damage (FOD) hazard for jet engines and because the retention of spent cases assists in maintaining the center of gravity of the aircraft. The first aircraft to carry the M61A1 was the D model of the F-104, starting in 1959.

Two gun pod versions, the SUU-16/A (Army M12) and improved SUU-23/A (Army M25), were developed in the 1960s, ................................Both pods ejected empty casings and unfired rounds rather than retaining them.

So I guess you can figure it out from there.

Guest Saganuay82

Oh, I've been duped by a joke persona. Damn, fell for another one.

Just Say man f-100 and a-7 f-105 f-8u ejecting or not ejectiing On air İn the Real Wrodl I wanna now that :D

Oh, I've been duped by a joke persona. Damn, fell for another one.

Looks like you and me both.

OK, I"ll just lock this one out, as it's obvious we're beating our gums uselessly for one of the local jokers

Wrench

kevin stein

Looks like you and me both.

OK, I"ll just lock this one out, as it's obvious we're beating our gums uselessly for one of the local jokers

Wrench

kevin stein

Sorry guys, not a joke persona, if his IP resolves correctly he is Turkish. And I am guessing English isn't his first language.

So to answer his question, yes the F-100 did eject its shells. As for the rest I am not sure which ones did and which ones kept them to be dumped when they landed.

I guess this is the way some wars has been started, in lack of understanding of each other

Guest Saganuay82
This planes Ejecting to Out Of plane That Shells Or İN the One Box

There ya go.

Edited by Saganuay82

That Planes When Landing THis time This Shells Are dumping huh Guys İm Saying for Like Thats Planes (A-7 f-8 f-100 f-105 and f-4e)