Sign in to follow this  

hi guys!

i took a look all around the web to find a flyable mirage 2000 for the thirdwire series.nothing at all!!!

as i use for some months the 3d studio, i managed to build some models: mirage IVm,mirage 2000c,mirage 2000b\n\d.there were some useful tutorials to get the philosophy of how to make a jet,but i still need help to animate the models,and especially import them to the game.is there anyone who knows the "art" ?please let me know,any advice or exchange of experience is welcome

Guest capun

First Download ThirdWire's exporter notes, they are here in the download section and I think they have it at their site too with their current LOD Exporter.

Read it well since it explains how to create the models to work with their game engine.

I think a direct link to the exporter was posted not too long ago, do a search to find the link

Also you may want to look at Mustang Video tutorials, since you have a model you may want to skip the first couple of chapter, but it does not hurt to watch them from the beggining.

You need help to animate?....to export too is easy...what you need to know?

Russ

The patch will come out along with WoI, right?

Edited by Wolf65

It seems like everyone is waiting for the new game to release their stuff.

It seams so. I hope the patch and the WOI doesn't end up being so radically different that it renders flight modelling and avionics in all old user made planes opposite.

And, sparkomatic sorry for the patch thread I couldn't help myself. :biggrin:

You call this a patch thread???? :rofl:

Anyway, Mirage rox, bring it on :yes:

It seams so. I hope the patch and the WOI doesn't end up being so radically different that it renders flight modelling and avionics in all old user made planes opposite.

I don't think that would happen.

It would kill the game, becouse we wouldn't be able to use the planes and thing made before the patch.

Mirage rox

:yes:

Edited by Wolf65

The newest expansion for first eagle drasticaly changed the flight models and the earlier released planes wouldn't fly right at all.If TK incorperates a lot of the First Eagles updates into WOI I have a feeling major FM work will be needed on older add ons.

The newest expansion for first eagle drasticaly changed the flight models and the earlier released planes wouldn't fly right at all.If TK incorperates a lot of the First Eagles updates into WOI I have a feeling major FM work will be needed on older add ons.

Well that is what I'm most afraid of. On the other hand we would get more realistic aircraft's handling.

You call this a patch thread???? :rofl:

Well its not like on UbiZoo whit the usual: Argh, this patch sux, the (insert favorite ww2 fighter aircraft) is now overmodeled/undermodeled , Oleg fix it... This plane is now 2 km/h too slow/fast according to my overprecise charts, Oleg fix it... The (insert some gun calibre) is now too strong/week, Oleg fix it! Oleg this, Oleg that...

- I have learned that one cannot stomp on a patch thread regards SFP1-family soon enough

Something I don't understand about TK... If he does FM updates for WOI, and then releases the sim, will he go back and release a patch for SFP1/WOV/WOE to bring them up to date? Is he just that amazing?

Something I don't understand about TK... If he does FM updates for WOI, and then releases the sim, will he go back and release a patch for SFP1/WOV/WOE to bring them up to date? Is he just that amazing?

Historically, after each new game release, TK has released patches that brought the previous releases up to the same standard as the latest release.

For example, WOV added support for aircraft carrier takeoffs/landings and SFP1 was patched to SP3 level to match.

WOE added clouds and 1970s avionics and SFP1/WOV were patched to current 083006 level to match.

However, TK seems to have been overwhelmed since releasing First Eagles... consumed with both the FE Addon and WOI.

Additionally, FE needed improvements specific to low-speed prop planes.

The improvements made for FE have not yet been retrofitted to the SFP1 series.

Perhaps some of the improvements are incompatible/unneeded for jet sims and will never be merged with the SFP1 core engine?

Only TK knows for sure what changes he made and which ones will be universally applied to the series, but I can say with reasonably high confidence that WOI improvments will make it back to SFP1/WOV/WOE. It is just a matter of whether the FE game series will continue to develop independently or if it can/will be merged with/back into the core SFP1 engine.

I prefer a unified game engine in which any of the terrain, aircraft, weapons, etc. work interchangably between sims.

But I can understand the need to keep the file sizes down to what you need, especially when marketing your games via download.

A WWI sim doesn't need support for HUDs, afterburners, radar, etc. while a jet sim doesn't need support for rotary engines and machine gun reload/unjam switches.

It will be interesting to see where TK goes with this series after WOI is released.

It will be interesting to see where TK goes with this series after WOI is released.

:yes:

You need help to animate?....to export too is easy...what you need to know?

Russ

THANKS FOR THE INTEREST..REALLY........THE POINT IS THAT 3DSTUDIO MAX HAS ALREADY EXPORTER INSTALLED(DEFAULT)FOR THIRDWIRE GAMES.I DOWNLOADED THE EXPORTER NOTES, I FOLLOWED THE HIERARCHY,I MADE THE LOD FILES AND I INSERTED THEM INTO THE GAME AS I DO WITH THE DOWNLOADED AICRAFT.THE ONLY DOUBT IS:THE BUILD-IN EXPORTER WORKS?OR I DID A MESS WITH MY OWN ANIMATIONS?THE MANUALS OF 3DSTUDIO SAY HOW TO DO IT, BUT......

I'll help you skin a Mirage 2000C or N if you'd like...

THANKS,TALON!!!WHEN I'LL FIND OUT WHAT GOES WRONG WITH THESE 3 SAMPLES,I WILL FINISH THE REMAINED DETAILS.THEN( SOON I HOPE )I WILL SEND YOU THE FILES

Those look awesome. To be honest, I know nothing of putting a model into a game, or of texturing, but if you give me a wireframe image export and a model to test with, I'll make some good textures.