Sign in to follow this  
cgold

Big planes - Small airfields?

I downloaded the Harrier Campaign mod and I love it. It is very well done. There are a few minor glitches like planes landing short on one kind of airbase(one where hangars and tarmac are on each end of the runway) and missions starting on very small bases. (shown below.)

My question is how do you still do missions over and around these bases but not land or originate from them? :dntknw:

Image fixed by admin

Edited by USAFMTL

cgold, please stop uploading .bmp images. Is it really so hard to convert them into jpgs?

Maybe you should try reading the README that came with the campaign.

From the README in the "Troubleshooting & Issues" section:

"If you fly “Single Missions” with this modified desert terrain, know that sometimes the game will start other aircraft at the small FOB strips. You don’t have to worry about this during the campaign, as squadrons don ‘t relocate, unless you lose control of their airbase."

The runways are defined as SMALL, but Aircraft with a "MinBaseSize=MEDIUM", or larger in the _data.ini, still start there in Single Missions. I've told TK about this, and he said he would look at it. Until it's fixed in the game, you have to live with it for Single Missions.

Edited by JSF_Aggie

Wait someone read a readme....no way....

To fix the aircraft landing short on the runway you speak of, go to the desert terrain directory, and open up DESERT_AIRFIELD10.INI in a text editor. Change the number below that's in bold.

[Runway001]

Heading=0

Offset=0,0

Length=2100

Width=90

TouchDownHead=0,850.0

TouchDownTail=0,-1083.0

TakeOffHead=0,911

TakeOffTail=0,-1144

Thanks for the feedback. I tried to upload a bmp image before and it didn't work. And I do change them to jpgs. If there is any tips on how to make more "loading-friendly" images, please help me out. I accept contructive critizism. :good: I will try this and get back to ya'll.

Thanks for the feedback. I tried to upload a bmp image before and it didn't work. And I do change them to jpgs. If there is any tips on how to make more "loading-friendly" images, please help me out. I accept contructive critizism. :good: I will try this and get back to ya'll.

Get a program like IrfanView (Link).

Load the .bmp image and save it as .jpeg. It is that simple.

Not to highjack a thread, but was there anymore interest in finding how we could fly from the Highway/Autobahn in the Germany map?

That Harrier camp sounds cool though.

Storm

Not to highjack a thread, but was there anymore interest in finding how we could fly from the Highway/Autobahn in the Germany map?

That Harrier camp sounds cool though.

Storm

Like this:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=2950

If you use the included tree texture, resize it to something smaller. It'll cause a large frame rate hit on most computers.

hr01.jpg

Edited by JSF_Aggie

Thanks Aggie. Must have missed it.

Storm

Get a program like IrfanView (Link).

Load the .bmp image and save it as .jpeg. It is that simple.

Don´t even need that.

Open Adobe Photoshop or Paint and load the image,then save as JPG.

JSF_Aggie, I fixed the landing short of runway problem. Thanks! :victory: But I still sometimes originate or have to land at a Forward ops. base. How do I keep the objects there but not takeoff from the actual airfield

JSF_Aggie, I fixed the landing short of runway problem. Thanks! :victory: But I still sometimes originate or have to land at a Forward ops. base. How do I keep the objects there but not takeoff from the actual airfield

You can't fix it, it's an issue with the game engine, not the campaign!

Read the README that came with the campaign, or maybe read my first post in this thread.

Thanks dudes. I appreciate your work and time for this. Feel the need.... :cool: