Sign in to follow this  
jack72

What do I need after the expansion pack

I finally got FE and I have installed the patch Patch 2 v02.19.07 (9.83 MB) and the current expansion pack. Are there other essential files that I would should get that enhances the graphics and AI.

Also, the missions that are downloadable, are they compatible withe the expansion pack.

Is the Uber AI work with the expansion pack.

Thanks in advance to those who reply

I finally got FE and I have installed the patch Patch 2 v02.19.07 (9.83 MB) and the current expansion pack. Are there other essential files that I would should get that enhances the graphics and AI.

Also, the missions that are downloadable, are they compatible withe the expansion pack.

Is the Uber AI work with the expansion pack.

Thanks in advance to those who reply

Blimey,

I only found out yesterday that the Expansion Pack existed!

What's it like? Is it worth getting? Will installing it destroy all the installation work I've done with stuff from this site.

Basically, is it worth it, and does it make the campaign play less piss poor?

From what I read, the expansion pack makes the AI a bit harder. But not sure yet because I have not played it.

Blimey,

I only found out yesterday that the Expansion Pack existed!

What's it like? Is it worth getting? Will installing it destroy all the installation work I've done with stuff from this site.

I don't know much about the expansion pack, but you could have a seperate install for a modified FE version and then an install for the expansion pack version. That way you don't have to worry about losing everything you've modified so far. Simply copy and paste and you have a seperate install.

No matter what, I'd back up everythign before installing the EP if I were you. It'd be a shame to possibly lose all the hard work.

Well, the stock expansion AI will rip you in half (except green pilots - they run away), airfields now have generated static aircraft, flight model seems closer to actual flight (and is different, so pre-EP1 planes won't work well), Camel and Dr.1 engines use blip switch, you can fly under bridges and meet enemy aces in campaign (if you survive somehow - Albatros can now lose wings if you pull too fast)... it IS worth getting :good:

And you can always make a second install of FE to install EP there, keeping your old modded original.

jack72, expansion AI is doing very well without additional tweaks :clapping: One moment you fly gun-blazing into the dogfight, the next moment you have three angry Fokkers on your tail. And you suddenly find yourself flying a monoplane with dead engine.

Thanks Viper,,,

What about some of the campaign and mission downloads....are they all compatible with the expansion pack. Also I noticed a upgrade of the terrain,,,will it work with the expansion pack