Sign in to follow this  
Conehead

20mm Cannon Sounds

Hi, does anyone know if the sounds of the game can be changed? To be honest, the sound of the 20mm cannon sounds like somebody farting. I can't believe this is what those guns really sound like!

apparently that sound is very realistic - you may just be used to gun sounds from arcade games :) :tomato2:

If you wanted to change it you would have to (after backing up these files) replace the 6 wav files in the sounds folder (.....\falcon4AF\sounds)

There is a vulEnd.wav a vulloop.wav etc etc

Thanks! If that sound is realistic then I won't change anything. I want everything as realistic as possible.

While a machine gun fires hundreds of rounds a minute, the Vulcan fires THOUSANDS.

Oddly enough, it's hard to get people to use the "right" sound for movies or TV because of the perception that it sounds "wrong." There was footage posted online from a Dutch news site about their troops in Afghanistan looking for Taliban. At a couple of points in the video an A-10 flies overhead firing its gun at targets a mile or 2 away. The sound is like nothing else...kind of like a dragon belching. :wink: It echoed up and down the valley they were in. It was far louder than the engines of the A-10 itself.

This makes a lot of sense now. If a machine gun is spitting out thousands of rounds per minute I can see why it sounds more like a "brrrrr" sound as opposed to a "rat-a-tat-tat" sound.

Thanks!

well i think that the sound of vulcan in F4 isnt entirely accurate

you're in a full enclosed and pressurised cockpit, with a helmet-built-in earphone with multiple sounds of comm/betty/RWR/ and so on... with a 25k thrust engine roaring loud

the sound like to me like ure sit in a wing instead the cockpit

no for nothing the real F-16 (and there was a old sound file mod in falcon4 that portrait it, strange that the newer versions pass it) has a beep sound when u squeeze the trigger

in real AVTR footage of israeli gun-kills clearly the main sound heared is a beeeeep! instead the real-but-to-loud GRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZing! saw-like sound caracteristic of the gatling-type guns

interesting, in footage of AXALP excesises, the DEFA revolving-guns of mirages (with slower -in aprox- 1/3- RPM that the vulcan) sounds more close to the ZZZZZZing of the vulcan tha the tat-tat-tat-tat sound of the movies and the Pum-space-Pum-space-Pum of slower RMP/MV of olders guns

and if u still dislike the gore-movie-saw-like sound, in the /sound folders there are other sounds of "olds machineguns" and "big cannons", just copy it and rename with the same names of the vulcans sound (i think there is 3 files, start-middle-end sounds of M-61 vulcan in the folder)