• SF(all, SF,SFG..etc etc..)
    • WoV
    • WoE
    • First Eagles

in your opinion....and better if you say why. :wink:

about my choice....

i like because it have carrier ops and historical missions :smile:

Edited by Silverbolt

WOV, because it features a conflict that hasn't been done to death (sim-wise).

Also, it has the Crusader. :biggrin:

I'd go with WOV due to the history; carrier ops is a bonus. WOE would be my second choice.

WOE, because I really enojy flying round in the F-15, A-10 and harriers.

SFP1 is nice with the F-104G and lower SAM/AAA density makes it far less demanding on lower-end systems.

SFP1 is missing a historical terrain/background when the obvious choice for the planeset/time-frame was Vietnam or the middle-east.

WOE has a great planeset and historical terrain, the actual combat is still fictional.

WOV provides for me the best planeset/terrain/historical background plus carrier operations are built in out-of-the-box.

This is the sim I wanted when I bought Jane's USAF and later SFP1: a solid Vietnam F-4/F-105/MiG-21 sim.

The one i prefer is WoV, for history, for carriers, for MiGs and for relatively low level technologies of the age...well, about forty years have passed since, and those aerial fights look legendary to me

Well its a toss up, I like WOV for the era but love WOE for as that is what I mod and fly out of the most.

I like WOV on account of the Crusader and A-6 but WOE had the Eagle and Harrier and I got WOE first.

I've got SFG and I really enjoy flying in the desert areas - more action in the mountains would be great, though.

Having 4 campaigns is great!

Never played the others.

I,ve tried a few terrains (DRV, SEA are toooo green).

Probably Israel 2 is my favourite terrain.

Waiting for WOI then I'll probably put SFG aside.

For me it's:

WoE

WoV

SF

I dunno... I realize all three are built from the same code and are essentially the same post patch... But for some reason WoE runs the smoothest and gives me the least problems (knocks on wood)

... I can only rationalize some errant bit of code etc.

Meh?

1. WoV - Great planes, historic accuracy and crap missiles so loads of dogfighting chances - and YAP add on!

2. WoE - I actually like the stock campaigns in this - talk about saturate the skys with Soviet planes - can be pretty difficult in the 60's too - Agian like WoV an opportunity to include load of rare jets!

3. FE - The uncontrollable spins annoy the hell out of me - I die spinning much more than getting shot down :(

4. SF - Love the desert terrain and never used the merc feature tbh - The gameplays WoE with less planes and much less action

Woe because it runs a bit better.

the ability to mod makes it feasible to import all the scenarios, missions, terrains, objects, etc. The ability of the woe engine to work smoother with a mid-grade system is the key. Without that, I'd have probably been out of here a long time ago.

WOE, You can add the WOV to it and fly pretty much whatever you want over any time period. :good:

Among them its SF for me for one reason only, Its the only one I got. :biggrin:

But hey, Over the last month I have hardly touched it.

I am focusing on LockOn these days. SUPER :ok:

Cheers

Edited by MannieB.

PS is this refering to "Out of the box" installs or modded also??

When you first fly FE, and you don't really know what's going on, and this is your first flight sim in years... there's nothing like it in the world.

Is it really really good? I mean, no more stupid info box in the corner, captures the feeling, feels like the first time good?

WoE, because:

1.Europe

2.Harriers and A-10

3.Runs ok on lower rig

4.Lot of action

Second is SFG modded with Israeli 2/Middle East mods

I'm going with SFP1 , then WOE.

I have enjoyed the many ,many add-ons and items that I have added over the years to SFP1. I also have really like the Merc feature of SFP1 so I can buy aircraft and weapons kind of like Strike commander of old. With over 100+ aircraft added it's tough to put down at times.

I also have WOE but have not invested too much at it. As for WOV, well I have not an copy to say much on that one But from what I have been reading about it something I'll try to get down the road. :yes:

Cheers

I go for the WOE because you can install it with WOV and have a great time. And because without WOE the patches for SF and WOV probably wouldnt had been the same.

I must say I vote for WoE, not only because it's the one I got but also because I started my aerial simming with sims like F-15E Strike Eagle 2 and F-19 Stealth Fighter and A-10, so those will always have a special place in my consideration... plus it runs nice and heck, all the rest I can add too at a whim, right?