Sign in to follow this  
Acidrain

Frontlines - Interview

The gang at Outpostgamez had a talk with Brian Holinka, Lead Technical Designer for Frontlines:Fuel of War. He talks about consulting with the US military, about how friendly the modding will be, leaderboards and a lot of other good stuff.

OPG: What type of environments will a gamer experience, examples such as sand storms, rain, wind?

FFOW: The variety in the landscapes that our level designers, lead by Richard “Iggy” Cowgill of Desert Combat fame, and environment artists have built is tremendous. While we don’t have any in-game weather systems per se, they’ve been very creative in using environmental effects to build really immersive ambience. Coupled with some really powerful and impressive sound (I’ll be blatantly honest, I feel our sound superior to many of our competitors that I’ve played recently), it makes you forget your staring at a screen and draws you in. I’m really proud of what those guys have done and I’m just glad to have been associated with them on this project.

The interview covers plenty of topics and is a very interesting piece, so you should definitely go check it out.

Read on…….

http://outpostgamez.com/article-7-FFOW-OPG...-Interview.html

Edited by Acidrain

I'm not certain about this. I'd like it to be good, but I'm concerned it may not be.

I'm not certain about this. I'd like it to be good, but I'm concerned it may not be.

Jedi,

Myself and about 30 of my teammates participated in the closed beta for the last 6-8months and it is good game but and as its still in beta form i cant make a final decision until its release though many of us are rather pleased with the amount of fleability in the game play and we are rather pleased with the amount of communication in whcih has lacked in many games and ther community from the companies in general.

Cheers,

Acidrain

Good comms is important. Even if something isn't working right, it's good to know they're AWARE of it.

Good comms is important. Even if something isn't working right, it's good to know they're AWARE of it.

Jedi,

Oh yeah, they have been really responsive when it came to the closed beta i took part in as well and even the open beta.

Acidrain