Sign in to follow this  
lambda*sqrt(u*x)

Etrich A.II (Fd) Taube AC3D Files at hand...

Hello all, I'm totally new in this forum, since I only today bought FE, and after few minutes of tweaking joystick config, I bought FE Exp1...

Well... I'm mostly into early WWI birds, and wanted to let the people here know that if someone was interested to create an Austro-Hungarian Taube aeroplane, he can have all the AC3D files he will need from my X-Plane 8.50 version.

Have a look at the aircraft, it may need some refinement for the quality of First Eagles:

Etrich A.II Series 72 (Fd) Taube

Welcome to CombatACE lambda. Thanks for your generous offer. I'm not a 3D modeller but I'm sure it will interest someone here.

Thanks for the welcoming!

If you want to have a look at the cockpit without having X-Plane installed or the AC3D files sent to you, you may just download the file from x-plane.org and have a look at the manual.jpg... it gives you a good impression of what the plane's cockpit looks like and how the switches and handles were operated.

Important warning here... I haven't seen a single detailed cockpit photograph of this plane... all I did was derive the cockpit layout from descriptions and outside photographs. So realism _may_ not be applied according to the interior.

Wilkommen!

I would certainly like to see this bird fly here.

Thanks for the offer and links.

I wish there were a way to do wing warp in FE like in FSWW1. The bird is doomed to look petrified. :cray:

I wish there were a way to do wing warp in FE like in FSWW1. The bird is doomed to look petrified. :cray:

Actually, you can circumvent the impossibility by splitting the wing tips into a finite number of ailerons. The trick I used on the X-Plane version of the Taube was simply the prolonged wingtip to move around an area and make the wires move with roll input... that takes attention away from the foul "warperons" ;-)

The E.III and the Morane 'Bullet' also had the warped-wing feature. Maybe there will be addons for Thirdwire one day.

Edited by Recon3

I don't know anything about the FE aircraft object formats and possibilities... therefore I just offer my 3D files to anyone willing to investigate...

We have Eindeckers and Bullet for FE but their wing warp is not animated.

Actually you can download 3dsmax plug-in from Thirdwire website - it has a readme file which mentions restrictions on animations.

It would be quite a big change to the engine i think

Mesh deformation (twists) is very different to the move and rotate transforms possible at the moment (sorta like cloth dynamics i guess)

From my (not so good) info on the subject warping only moved the tips approximately 100mm at max deflection so it doesn't seem a big loss to me

And there's many other things that would be nicer to have IMHO

Thats a very nice model lambda*sqrt(u*x), I hope someone (or you) converts it to FE

I had a taube on my wish list of things to model but its along ways off (never never land) :blush:

We have Eindeckers and Bullet for FE but their wing warp is not animated.

The MoS-N does warping animation (not the wings) by moving the wires/turnbuckles/pulleys/cranks

at least it gives some visual feedback :tongue:

Aw... I don't have 3DS max, the only exporter plugins I used were X-Plane exporters for AC3D, and all animation I did was rotate transforms... don't even know if there is a move transform for X-Plane format...

so my post is really out of desperate hope someone will find my Taube useful as his next FE project - after I was greatly amazed about all the early birds flying in the forum... the Moranes, the Pfalz's, the Farmans..

Guest capun

You can send it to me at

capun1950 (at) yahoo (dot) com

No promises, since I am really busy with many projects and RL stuff, if I can port it and/or when