Forum and Google searches came up virtually empty, so I figured I'd ask, as I imagine campaign builders run into this sort of thing a lot:

Does anyone know of a listing that shows the relation between squadrons and wings in the USAF? I'm trying to add the 12th or 15th TFW to the OTC campaign, but I can't find what squadrons flew for the wing in 1962. Thanks!

Edited by bcyc

Nevermind, found the listings for the 12th and 15th on MacDill's wikipedia article. Still would be nice to have everything in one place if such a place exists.

Edited by bcyc

Try this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacDill_Air_Force_Base

"Upon MacDill AFB's transfer to TAC , the 12th Tactical Fighter Wing was reactivated on 17 April (1962) and assigned to Ninth Air Force. Initially, it's only operational squadron was the 559th Tactical Fighter Squadron.

The mission of the 12th TFW was to be prepeared for tactical worldwide deployments and operations. Until 1964 the wing flew obsolete Republic F-84F Thunderjets reclaimed from the Air National Guard."

Also, before that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergstrom_Air_Force_Base

"The fighter wings at Bergstrom were deemed no longer necessary, so the wing was transferred to Tactical Air Command on 1 July 1957 and redesignated as the 12th Fighter-Day Wing. It was inactivated on 8 January 1958."

So, the 12th was basically inactive until 17 Apr 62, then activated and had the 559th under it, flying F-84Fs until 1964.

FastCargo

Yup. Found that at the precise moment you posted. I still maintain having all squadrons and parent wings under one roof would be a great help if such a thing exists somewhere, but it would probably be an immense amount of work to put together as those things shuffle all the time and you'd need to do it year by year.

And that would be MY wing....

FastCargo

I was hoping you would catch that.