Sign in to follow this  
tn_prvteye

Low altitude bombing?

Is there anyway to make the waypoints have a lower altitude? I'm on a Tornado kick, and watching these guys bomb from 20K feet like B-52s is boring...I want some low-level rock and roll, man! :biggrin:

I can change the values in the altitude section of missioncontrol.ini, but then everyone has low altitude waypoints. Is there a way to change this for just bombers? I've also tried fiddling with the aircraftobject.ini with the AI bombing section, but it doesn't seem to work.

Anyone have any leads?

Is there anyway to make the waypoints have a lower altitude? I'm on a Tornado kick, and watching these guys bomb from 20K feet like B-52s is boring...I want some low-level rock and roll, man! :biggrin:

I can change the values in the altitude section of missioncontrol.ini, but then everyone has low altitude waypoints. Is there a way to change this for just bombers? I've also tried fiddling with the aircraftobject.ini with the AI bombing section, but it doesn't seem to work.

Anyone have any leads?

No real solutions yet. I've been flying the FB-111 on low level missions in WOE. What I've been doing is setting the Initial Point (usually waypoint 4 on Single Missions) a bit further out from the target. This way I take off, then ALT-N to the Initial Point. Having the Inital Point farther from the target (30 miles vs. 10 miles) gives me time to drop down to a low altitude and make a run into the target. It's not ideal, but I do get the low level attack I wanted without having to fly the whole route manually.

Edited by tank03

Guest Saganuay82

Did you try the Combat Lancer Missions available for download here? F-111A in Vietnam. All low level / high threat on the run in. There are some evasive maneuvering through some valleys prior to the target to get lost in the clutter.

Yeah, I've been extending the IP point and doing exactly what you recommend. I was just wondering if I could get the AI flights to do it. And I'll have to check out the Combat Lancer missions...didn't know about 'em...sounds cool.

AI seems a little too limited for that. They get antsy flying under 2000 feet!

Well I had a bit of a problem with low-level bombing in SF series too, got used to low alt drop playing il2Sturmovik where you have bomb delay... no luck here :(