Sign in to follow this  
mikeed

supersonic vapor cloud

Is there any way to create the vapor cloud that surrounds an aircraft when it breaks the sound barrier?

:blink:

Guest Saganuay82

What game?

I wouldn't say it's impossible, you just have to find another way to do it. The MF F-14A, F-15A, and F/A-18 have the vapor effect when yanking and banking, maybe we could use that effect as a stand-in for breaking the soundbarrier when you reach a certain airspeed at a certain altitude consistent with doing so! May need to edit it some, but I think it could work. I admit it'd be awesome to see that on the mighty Phantoms!

Under normal conditions there is no vapor effect while breaking the sound barrier. It happen only on high humidity conditions. And then it happen not only when breaking the sound barrier but also when the plane makes very sharp flight maneuvres. It looks very impressive. In reality much more then on pictures.

By the way. The soonic boom sound the pilot will never hear. Its simply physics.

Edited by Gepard

"Under normal conditions there is no vapor effect while breaking the sound barrier. It happen only on high humidity conditions. And then it happen not only when breaking the sound barrier but also when the plane makes very sharp flight maneuvres"

All true, but high humidity was the normal condition for south east asia... and thus a great fit for WOV. Also why at airshows here in Fl the wing-tip vortices and vapor skimming off the jets are much more pronounced.

supersonic cloud effect must be good to look at. but in reality it only shows up at or near sea level.

sonic boom sounds may not be possible, but i was recommending that the DopplerEffect in (?) in soundlist.ini i think, so that ther would be no sound before the plane passes, then a suddden barrage of jet noise as it passes.

anybody tried to do this? i try,but i am not sure how.

Guest Sony Tuckson

well, no one usually makes hard manoeuvers while breaking the sound barrier (imagine the G effect)

the vapor effect is due to atmospheric parameters, high humidity and pressure (it happens at very low level)

I had seen the vapor effect once by a MiG-29. It was great.

The sound boom i heard till the unification of Germany, nearly every single day. It sounds strange, but different types of planes made a different sonic boom. You could hear, wheter a MiG-21 made the boom or a Su-27. A good telescope was neccessary to decide wheter your guess was right or wrong.

By the way. The sonic boom sound the pilot will never hear. Its simply physics.

Yeah, I know the pilot doesn't hear it, but it'd be cool for an external effect, especially in my videos.