Sign in to follow this  
ndicki

Adding scenery question

Is there any terrain add-on for SFG that looks like Southern Africa, does anybody know? I've picked up a few bits, but not seen that sort of thing.

"And how is it installed?" asks the total newbie very timidly! :rofl:

Theres no African terrain,but theres an Israel Terrain thats desert and other....

When you d/l a terrain ,say UK terrain..(example name).you put the terrain UK in the main terrain folder .....and thats usually it....the creator usually takes care of the rest

When in single mission for example,you can then sellect which terrain you want to fly in\over...

If you have to add terrain manually you have this (below ) in the terrains ini folder...

example

UK.ini

Under

[Terrain]

CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat<<<you add this line

whichever game you have the default terrain name will differ from "Desert"

hope this helsp you.

Russ

Edited by russouk2004

Guest Saganuay82

Madagascar terrain not good enough?

ndicki

Welcome to Combatace. There is Knowledge Base we have put together that can answer 99% of any questions you have. I would check it you.

Is there any terrain add-on for SFG that looks like Southern Africa, does anybody know? I've picked up a few bits, but not seen that sort of thing.

"And how is it installed?" asks the total newbie very timidly! :rofl:

There is a Madagascar terrian available in the download section. It should come with a README which explains how to install the terrain into the game.

Additionally, there is a collection of articles here called the Knowledge Base (KB) which explains most of the questions newbies tend to ask. If you are new to SFG, WOV,WOE,FE I'd recommend speading some time browsing through the KB articles. I'm sure it will answer questions you didn't even know you had.

KB here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showforum=99

Anyway, good luck and welcome.

Edited by tank03

My bad..... :rofl:

Thanks, everybody - off to look for Madagascar!

Apologies for asking Newbie questions which have already been covered - I did (briefly) look through the knowledge base, but obviously not thoroughly enough...

Which will teach me to be more tolerant (I am, really!) of Newbies on the SOH CFS3 forum which is my other home!