Sign in to follow this  
PureBlue

Taking off with T-37B

Hi, using the Dev A-Teams T37-B Trainer with all Hard settings, I'm having trouble taking off.

Flaps on take-off, I roll for a long time until about 110-120 knts but only the front tire lifts :D

Only when I fill the tank to %25 I can get airborne, that still was very though, and fun in a way. It might be even advised to keep the flaps down while flying! I like how it's simulated hard, but wasnt this supposed to be a training airplane?

Then.... "cheat"

change in data_ini thrust for each jet engine >

"borrow" entry from A-37A>

change this >SLThrustDry=4560.0

to> SLThrustDry=10700

works fine here "as is" but you can add extra power - easyest way to remove problem :)

I think the A-Teams models are set up to use the normal flight setting.

Yes, they are. I believe that's mentioned in the readme.

Also, out of curiosisty, what terrain map does it do this in? All or just some??? Might be that airfield problem cropping up again

Wrench

kevin stein

Guest capun

Except that there are a couple of tem updated with Starfighter2's FM mods for Hard Mode, read the installation instructions to see which one is modified.

If I remember correct the T-37B and the A-37A have been modded by Starfighter2

Yes tuned for Hard settings :good:

wrench: All airfields I guess, in Vietnam.

The AI can never take off either, keeps rolling thru the hills bouncing..

T-37B Design Notes:
- Real plane is way underpowered, so beware
- Uses the Gnat T1 Red Arrows effects when the Afterburner is lit
- Tuned by Starfighter2 For Hard Mode

11/27/05: Beta Release Model, It only needs a virtual Cockpit for the full release
11/25/07: V1 Release with Virtual Cockpit by capun using Kesselbrut's gauges and textures

I just checked out the T-37C and its way much better, power wise.

And its got the revolving blades! :clapping:

Pureblue, PM sent with "stronger" T-37B FM.

Cheers :smile:

Thanks Starfighter, that thrust increase did the job.

But I have a question. According to my research, the T-37B and T-37C both have Two Continental J69-T-25 turbojet engines with 1025 pounds of thrust. The C model adds fuel tanks and pylons for weapons.

In our simulation which of the two is modelled more close to reality, I mean was it hard to take off and fly (just like Starfighters Hard FM w/ T-37B) or more easier like in the T-37C FM. (More power, SLThrustDry=4560 x 2 engines vs. SLThrustDry 10700 x 2) ?

Thanks for the input guys I like flying both of these aircraft, they have an interesting history of combat in Vietnam too.. Cheers :)

I have actually flown the mighty T-37B...not underpowered...it is a frakkin trainer! You dont have your first kiss with a super model...

And honestly dude...if you want to haul around the pattern and test flight dynamics, you may consider Flight Simulator like 2004...besides then you can practice instruments

Not that the T-37 in SFP! isnt great, it is, and fun to boot! But if you start spatting "realism" then this is not the place, no insult at all to the modders as they have kept this game going in my book, but there is only so much one can do with the engine...heck there are no TACANs as far as I can tell

The AI can never take off either, keeps rolling thru the hills bouncing..

sorry to bump the thread, but,

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! THAT'S BLOODY FUNNY!!!! :rofl::haha::rofl::haha::rofl::haha:

I modified a B-57 to carry twice as many bombs, and the AI couldn' take off either, but it just blew up as soon as it came to a hill.

Yes, they are. I believe that's mentioned in the readme.

Also, out of curiosisty, what terrain map does it do this in? All or just some??? Might be that airfield problem cropping up again

Wrench

kevin stein

Sorry to bring this up again. What is this "airfield problem" we seem to have sometimes? Cant find a solution to it.

Sometimes in some terrains (at the moment AmericanNW and AmericanGreen) at takeoff the runway sucks you down and holds back the aircraft. Impossible to even move an inch, on full power with weak (?) aircraft like Mirage3 and A-4, only possible to takeoff slowly with a Phantom. :blink:

Tried in SFP1 and WOE, terrain installations done by the book..

I have actually flown the mighty T-37B...not underpowered...it is a frakkin trainer! You dont have your first kiss with a super model...

And honestly dude...if you want to haul around the pattern and test flight dynamics, you may consider Flight Simulator like 2004...besides then you can practice instruments

Not that the T-37 in SFP! isnt great, it is, and fun to boot! But if you start spatting "realism" then this is not the place, no insult at all to the modders as they have kept this game going in my book, but there is only so much one can do with the engine...heck there are no TACANs as far as I can tell

As I recall the T-37B had Cessna centrifigual flow compressor engines that were low thrust, but very loud. It only has to haul around an IP and a student. What else do you need? There's no burner either. Now the T-37C and the A-37 were the same airframe, but with a wing with three hardpoints each and two GE J-85 axial flow engines (same engine as the T=38). Still no afterburner. It did have retractable FOD screens over the engine intakes that operated in conjunction with the landing gear that (when retracted) seemed like the kick of an afterburner because of the increased airflow. Needless to say the power is extremely different between the models. (1100 Hrs in the tweet and 3.7 Hrs in the super tweet thanks to then Capt, now Lt Gen Wally Moorehead)

Great info Jug, thanks. I love flying the T-37..

Perhaps I should've asked in a new thread, because the question was about the "airfield problem", I just wanted to quote Kevin from this old thread so maybe he had an insight to the problem :dntknw:

The T-37 is just beautiful and I have come to enjoy it very much, that statement was from my beginner days w/ SFP :biggrin: