Sign in to follow this  
NeverEnough

Mirage Factory Crusader

Just popped by Checksix, and noticed an article on the Mirage Factory Crusader! It might be worth someone with a greater command of the French language than I (pretty pathetic at best!), to take a look at the article and give us language-challenged individuals a recap. It seems that the Mirage Factory has taken the Gunfighter's F-8 to the hangar, and turned out a bigger and better updated model!!!!

I can't speak French, either, but I like what I have seen there. :clapping:

Edited by Gocad

It seems that the Mirage Factory has taken the Gunfighter's F-8 to the hangar, and turned out a bigger and better updated model!!!!

Oui! :ok:

Edited by column5

Couple of high-res shots below.

We have taken Pedro's original model and brought it up to current high-def standards. The model itself has many refinements, notably in the area of the nose and intake. The plane is completely remapped, and the skins are ~95% new (some of Volk's original details were too good not to reuse). The flight models will be tweaked, and avionics and instrumentation have been reviewed and fixed where necessary. The first wave will include the F-8D, F-8E and F-8E(FN).

f8eprev1.jpg

f8eprev2.jpg

Edited by column5

That..it...those....BEAUTIFUL!

We have taken Pedro's original model and brought it up to current high-def standards. The model itself has many refinements, notably in the area of the nose and intake. The plane is completely remapped, and the skins are ~95% new (some of Volk's original details were too good not to reuse). The flight models will be tweaked, and avionics and instrumentation have been reviewed and fixed where necessary.

Did you fix the mix-up with the Sidewinder stations, too? It's nice to have the opinion whether to mount the single or the dual Sidewinder rail, but it looks a bit odd when both are mounted at the same time... :wink:

Did you fix the mix-up with the Sidewinder stations, too? It's nice to have the opinion whether to mount the single or the dual Sidewinder rail, but it looks a bit odd when both are mounted at the same time... :wink:

We are still working on loadouts, so I'm not sure how this will be handled.

Vought aicraft by Mirage Factory:

f8eprev3.jpg

Couple of high-res shots below.

We have taken Pedro's original model and brought it up to current high-def standards. The model itself has many refinements, notably in the area of the nose and intake. The plane is completely remapped, and the skins are ~95% new (some of Volk's original details were too good not to reuse). The flight models will be tweaked, and avionics and instrumentation have been reviewed and fixed where necessary. The first wave will include the F-8D, F-8E and F-8E(FN).

Really staggeringly beautiful work. Pity this wasn't a Christmas present but I guess we'll just have to wait a bit longer! :good::clapping:

- dude...that looks better than the WOV payware one...seriously...could have saved myself $29.99

I've been toying with the idea to include the French F-8E(FN) to a Euro campaign. I'll hold off until this is out.

Cool news. Thanks!

Storm

Fellas these Saders are like 2 generations better than the previous ones. After the initial release we are looking at the F-8B/C too. Might as well have them all. But time will tell.

Fellas these Saders are like 2 generations better than the previous ones. After the initial release we are looking at the F-8B/C too. Might as well have them all. But time will tell.

:blink::good: AWSOME! :good:

Outstanding work gentlemen!! I really look forward to them!

FastCargo

NEW MiG MASTERS! YEAH!!!!!!

boy, am I look'n foreward to those...

...so, does that mean we might get to play with the retractable rocket pack? :biggrin:

...so, does that mean we might get to play with the retractable rocket pack? :biggrin:

No, we decided against that.

As C5 said we decided against because as soon as they got to the fleet they were either sealed up or removed altogether.

As C5 said we decided against because as soon as they got to the fleet they were either sealed up or removed altogether.

Well the linear bombbay on the A-5 was also never used by the Navy and sealed up, yet I decided to keep it so people could use it as intended. Realism vs fun again - Fun always wins.

Well the linear bombbay on the A-5 was also never used by the Navy and sealed up, yet I decided to keep it so people could use it as intended. Realism vs fun again - Fun always wins.

The linear bomb bay was the method of nuclear weapons delivery employed by the A-5A. Fortunately it was never used in anger, but it was the method pilots were trained to use. It was filled with a fuel tank on the RA-5C. On the other hand, the rocket pack on the F-8 was never used, trained with, or included in F-8 operational doctrine. So there is a pretty significant difference.

Edited by column5