Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

F-89H Scorpion

F-89H Scorpion

F-89H Scropion For SF/WoV/WoE:

This package is a modification of MontyCZ's F-89D into the later H model (with wing-tip rocket pods and 'internal' Falcon missiles)

It is a semi-complete package, including everything needed, -excepting the aircraft LOD files. You will have to transfer them over from your F-89D's.

Included are all the needed inis necessary to create the new aircraft. The skins included are for the 437th FIS based at Oxnard CA, circa 1957-ish, a repeat of the 75th FIS skin from Pesque Island, and a generic USAF natural metal.

All the skin bmps have been repainted, using new templates created by me, based off Volkjager's original skins. I've duplicated his original work, so all credit goes to him for skin creation...I've basically just redone them to make use of the new panel, rivet lines and new decals created by me for the serial and buzz numbers.

Included also is a brand new WoE-style Hangar screen, only available with this mod. Damage tgas are here as well.

== You MUST have the latest weapons pak installed to make use of the needed missiles ==

--You should also have already installed the F-89D Update, which includes the new version of the Mk.4 Mighty Mouse FFAR -- the weapons data for this rocket is NOT included with this package!!! --

PLEASE read the readme for install instructions, important notes from General Explainations (a really nice guy), mostly concerning the Falcon missiles and other weapons.

Happy Hunting!

Wrench

kevin stein

File Name: F-89H Scorpion

File Submitter: Wrench

File Submitted: 23 Dec 2007

File Category: US Air Force Aircraft

F-89H Scropion For SF/WoV/WoE:

This package is a modification of MontyCZ's F-89D into the later H model (with wing-tip rocket pods and 'internal' Falcon missiles)

It is a semi-complete package, including everything needed, -excepting the aircraft LOD files. You will have to transfer them over from your F-89D's.

Included are all the needed inis necessary to create the new aircraft. The skins included are for the 437th FIS based at Oxnard CA, circa 1957-ish, a repeat of the 75th FIS skin from Pesque Island, and a generic USAF natural metal.

All the skin bmps have been repainted, using new templates created by me, based off Volkjager's original skins. I've duplicated his original work, so all credit goes to him for skin creation...I've basically just redone them to make use of the new panel, rivet lines and new decals created by me for the serial and buzz numbers.

Included also is a brand new WoE-style Hangar screen, only available with this mod. Damage tgas are here as well.

== You MUST have the latest weapons pak installed to make use of the needed missiles ==

--You should also have already installed the F-89D Update, which includes the new version of the Mk.4 Mighty Mouse FFAR -- the weapons data for this rocket is NOT included with this package!!! --

PLEASE read the readme for install instructions, important notes from General Explainations (a really nice guy), mostly concerning the Falcon missiles and other weapons.

Happy Hunting!

Wrench

kevin stein

Click here to download this file

Another great addition wrench.

I was wondering...Is there a way to make the wing-pod mounted falcons retract via some ini change?I understand there is no pylons and doors but the missiles retracting into the pods would be a great improvement.

Nope that`s an 3D max animation (if you want to have moving 3D parts) The model has t be redone partly to have those moving elements..

there are 2 different animation setups:

first: parts like rudder and ailerons are cut out of the 3D model and animated by ini entries...

second: like canopy, Airbrakes have nothing to do with FM stuff (brake partly) and need a seperate animation slot in 3D max.

I thought that "issue" was covered in the readme...

Well, as you'll all seen from the screenies at CombatAce, the Falcons are just kind of 'stuck' on the outside of the wing-tip rocket pods. I tried everyway I knew on how to try and have them 'extend', but without a complete rebuild of this model, and the addition of 'moving pylons', this is impossible. It's an extremely inelegant solution, but it IS a solution, and it DOES work...so until someone ponies up and creates a REAL H model Scorpion, you all will just have to live with it this way.

yup, I thought so!

I think it's pretty cool, as the original C/D variants were among the first mods made for SF, that we could 'stretch' such an old model to make it a bit more functional. I gotta hand it to MontyCZ ... he did a DAMN good job on creating this!! :good:

wrench

kevin stein

Whats a readme? :tomato: After all these years the Scorpion is still one of my favorite rides in the SFP! series.