Sign in to follow this  
Talos

JASDF Weapons Pack release 1

JASDF Weapons Pack release 1

Here is part 1 of the JASDF weapons pack. This release includes the Mitsubishi AAM-3 and AAM-5 infrared homing missiles.

Model building, texturing, and INI work by myself, with great thanks to Fastcargo for mapping and exporting the models.

Heys guys,

Thanks for the great work on the JSDF weapons pack. I have a BIG quesition? I am unable to downlad the "rar-application" in which the JSDF weapons pack is store. Is there a way or convert the files to something like "exe. files?" Or is there another way for me to download so that I can download the files. I would love to download the F-2 files but it is also a "rar application."

Thanks to anyone for the help.

Download winrar...and all will be well.

USAMTL

You are the man! Thanks for the information. Downlaoded the files with no problem, have yet to test it on WOI.

I appreciated!!!!!! :clapping:

My friend USAFMTL,

Unfortunately, the programs does not work well with WOI. I guess many of the add-on aircrafts is not for WOI.

It is probably just me screwing up somewhere on the placement of the files.

Cheers

No... it may be just downright incompatible for now. It'd help if Talos specified the version for which it does work, such as WoE/WoV/SF... if there's WoI incompatibility, then that's an issue that needs to be noted.

EricJ

I do believe that many of the files on "Combat Ace" (in regards to Third Wire products) is not made for WOI. Once I installed the weapons pack (like the JSDF weapons pack), The entire WOI system goes hae-wire??? Many of the command switches desinated for WOI does not function the way it should... Same thing happens with aircraft add-on.

I think using windrar application is not the best, "exe" files works better... but what do i know.

Anyway, Thanks the people for their hard work in making so many nice add-on for WOV/WOE/WOI.

Cheers

Well that's a good point, but given the way the site is setup, sometimes it's a good point to let people know that it won't work for WoI, hence the notification that it's not compatible.

Have you tried running the weaponsdata ini, after adding the JASDF weapons, through the WOI weapons editor????

A dollar says they'll work after that...did the same thing for the BunyPak in one of my WoI installs, and everything worked.

Try it again, and let us know, hokay?? :yes:

Eric is correct... it should be noted in the readme (you know, that file no one looks at???), if the item is or is not usable in WoI. It only takes a few minutes to type the extra lines. And I should know... :rtfm:

Wrench

kevin stein

Wrench,

How are ya? You are correct, everyone should read the "readme." However, not every "readme" file indicate which SIM application it is for. Most just stated which folder to put it in... Weapons to weapons, sound to sound, aircraft to aircraft.

Hey, can you write in detail as to what you posted on this thread in regards to the "weapons editor?" I do not think I have a weapons editor for WOI or my WOV? :dntknw: Is there an aircraft editors too? I have seen some files in regards to weapons editor but I am not smart enough to operate the functions :blink:

I would be very much appreciated if you can share your insight... :biggrin:

Waiting for orders!

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=6075

Here is the weps editor for WOI only

http://www.thirdwire.com/dl/WeaponEditor_042406.zip

Here is the weps editor for WOE/SF and WOV only.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=9323

This is how to use the wep editor.

And if you have issue getting it to run, read this.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=12210

Thank you USAMTL,

Your instructions are excellent, now if I can only follow it correctly :rofl: I will definitely get it down when I get back in mid April! Boy, I can't wait to see all the neat stuff!!!!! Too bad I have to wait 5 weeks!

Another question? Is there an "editor" for making the "aircraft" compatiable with WOI?

I appreciate the patients and the help guys! :biggrin:

Cheers

Another question? Is there an "editor" for making the "aircraft" compatiable with WOI?

No, just put them in WOI and see if they work.

This is what happens when I go on vacation. :biggrin: Sorry for the late reply.

These were made before WOI came out and were tested in both WOV and a WOE/WOV/SP1 merged installation. Once I either get WOI or the patches for WOE come out, I'll update these, unless someone else wants to do it first.

Hey Talos,

Thanks for the great work! When ever you can... Please make the files with any of the JSDF aircrafts or weapon packs that you made (I am assuming it is you) be workable with WOI with "exe" file format if you could. I think the "rar" format screws up the operating files for the WOI game. But, what do I know????

Thank you very much for let us gamers have a blast with these add-ons!

Cheers

Hey Talos,

Thanks for the great work! When ever you can... Please make the files with any of the JSDF aircrafts or weapon packs that you made (I am assuming it is you) be workable with WOI with "exe" file format if you could. I think the "rar" format screws up the operating files for the WOI game. But, what do I know????

Thank you very much for let us gamers have a blast with these add-ons!

Cheers

I won't be able to test them since I don't have WOI, but I'll download the WOI weapons editor and work out a quick and dirty WOI version. I'll upload it in .zip as well for you. I have only done these two JASDF missiles so far (though I have a few more in early WiP), the F-2 was uploaded by, if I remember right, USAMFTL.

You're welcome, I'm a huge JASDF fan so I noticed the lack of their weapons in the game and just had to fill it.