Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

Su-22M4 Fitter-K "Susi"

Su-22M4 Fitter-K "Susi"

Su-22M4 Fitter-K "Susi"

Credits

This is a mod of Armourdaves Su-17 Fitter C. Dave, thanks for the permission to use your files.

My little share was to introduce the HUD and some modifications of the Data.ini. I implemented the guided weapons, added armour, reduced the fuel consumtion and modified the european style camo skin to a fictive east german Susi skin.

Su-22M4

The M4 was the last and most advanced version of the swing wing Fitter family. It was an unique combination of the very robust Fitter design and high developed computer technology.

It was known for it high survival capabilities. While in use in the LSK/LV (East German Air Force) the very robust Ljulka engine "eats" some birds and in one occasion a complete pitote tube without to suffer damage. While life firing tests in the USSR the tanks of the "Susi" were rippled by 12.7 mm and 23 mm bullets with the only result, that the technicians found the bullets "swimming" in the fuel. It was also said, that during Lebanon war 1982 not one single Su-22 was destroyed by israeli ground fire.

While the first Su-22 were simple dumb iron droppers the M4 had a wide range of high sophisticated guided Air to Ground missiles. This missiles were guided by Laser, TV and gave this bird a limited stand off capability. The high accurate missiles proved lethal pin point hit capability during Afghanistan campaign. Anti radar missiles were also part of the "Susi" armament.

INSTALLATION

1. unzip into your aircraft folder

subfolders will be automatically created

2. Copy the files of Pilot folder to your aircraft folder

Thats it! Enjoy flying.

3. If you dont use the Weaponpack and want to wish to use the Cha-25 guided missiles, open folder Su-22M4\Weapons and follow the instructions of the readme file there.

For remarks, comments, bugs, etc please use CombatAce forum or send me a PM.

Hope you enjoy it.

Michael (Gepard)

A little gem that shouldn't go unnoticed: the addition of a somewhat underrated aircraft with great possibilities and in this form a very nice pit with up to date avionics.

In it's M4 version the Warpac Tornado !!!

Thanks Michael ,

Derk :smile:

Thanks Mike.

It looks like a nice add on.

Thanks again.

I'm glad that you enjoy the Susi.

By the way, where can i find this cool Kusnetzow carrier?

I think that's from Lock on. I thought the same thing also lol

I'm glad that you enjoy the Susi.

By the way, where can i find this cool Kusnetzow carrier?

LOL. yes its from LockOn. :biggrin:

I don't realy know if there is one in WIP for SF and Co, so I figured, if I want to play with it, the only way is to fly LOMAC.

I love this game. :good:

BTW. the flames you see on deck is me crashing on it on my first landing attempts. :haha::biggrin::rofl:

Edited by MannieB.

Awssim plane, unfortunately I only get droptanks in the loadout screen, I tried every single mission type on every map I have installed and in a range of years from service entry to now. Im using fully patched up WOE with Nato fighters 1 and 2 and the last weapons pack, any idea what might be the problem?

Awssim plane, unfortunately I only get droptanks in the loadout screen, I tried every single mission type on every map I have installed and in a range of years from service entry to now. Im using fully patched up WOE with Nato fighters 1 and 2 and the last weapons pack, any idea what might be the problem?

probably need to check the loadouts in the aircraft ini and ensure they match what's in the weapons pack version you are using. Some of the new ones have changes.

probably need to check the loadouts in the aircraft ini and ensure they match what's in the weapons pack version you are using. Some of the new ones have changes.

I manually installed the weapons that come with the Susi, all the weapon files where already in there and now the weapondata.ini definitely has the weapons as they are referenced in the loadout ini but still no weapons appear in the loadout

I manually installed the weapons that come with the Susi, all the weapon files where already in there and now the weapondata.ini definitely has the weapons as they are referenced in the loadout ini but still no weapons appear in the loadout

(shrugs) beats me. Have you used the weapons editor to open each new one and then save the file?

The Su-22M4 weapon stations have a wrong AttachmentType.

Open the Su-22M4_Data and replace 'AttachmentType=WP' with 'AttachmentType=SOVIET'.

This should fix it.

Edited by Gocad

I had never had problems with hidden weapons while testing the Susi. I use the standard settings of WOE, no special WeaponPack.

The solution of the problem is

open file Su-22M4_data.ini with notepad editor

Press CRTL+H

replace

AttachmentType=WP

with

AttachmentType=WP,Soviet

should fix it.

Gocad and Gepard, thank you very much! That fixed it I just wrecked a good proportion of the red range with a mix of ordanance, just out of curiosity i tried lobbing a guided missile from 44 miles and followed it with weapon view, it hit the target!

Gocad and Gepard, thank you very much! That fixed it I just wrecked a good proportion of the red range with a mix of ordanance, just out of curiosity i tried lobbing a guided missile from 44 miles and followed it with weapon view, it hit the target!

Which missiles you used for this long shot?

- same with the earlier released Yak-28...it had "WP" but if you just add ",Soviet" after it then all is well.

Which missiles you used for this long shot?

kh-25mt karen guided missile, it was just a test to see if firing a guided missile in a climb would give it further range, reasoning being that it seems logical a guided missile could use kinetic energy to coast to a target same as a guided bomb provided the guidance system can "see" the target and has power to drive the servoes. I just tried again and got some mixed results, all the successes from the range with this missile from the Susi so far have been from 46nm to 44 nm max ranges, mach 1.03 to 1.07 (info from debug) at release, altitude 12,300ft to 12,500ft pitch up between estimated 3 and 7 degrees, anything close to 10 degrees and the missile climbs too high and appears to loose aspect on target and lands way off. Altitudes above 20,000ft also don't seem to work as the missile seems like it can't make the turn required to hit and overshoots, also could not get a hit from below 5000ft. I will test other release parameters at some point but right now sleep beckons.

I would be interested to learn if these missiles or similar where ever tested from that kind of distance in real life, seems a bit too hit and miss of an approach for a guided missile but interesting non the less as I for one would far rather drop my load from a safe distance than get into range of bad things.

If ever i develop a knack of building things im going to figure out a standoff delivery for the toilet. Just add some fins here and there etc etc and tada a fully EO guided Toilet Ultimately Rocket Delivered or T.U.R.D hmm definitely time for sleep

In the LSK/LV (east german air force) manuals is stated, that the Cha-25 (KH-25) family was fired below 10 km range. Dont know, what the soviet way to use was.