Sign in to follow this  
Nesher

All soldiers in the IDF got the "2nd Lebanon War" insignia

As all of you remember the war started on july 2006 in an attack on Israeli forces

and Israeli citizens living in North of Israel

last week my unit got it, yesterday the commanders of the IDF of today and at that time...

Blue and White symbolize the flag of Israel

Orange for the citizens standing strong during the war (also the color of the unit of the Home Front Command)

Green for peace to come (as an olive tree)

Red for those who fall serving their country, 118 men and 1 woman.

mine

post-540-1198614466_thumb.jpg

from wikipedia

Lebanon2ribon.jpg

on me before the ceremony of receiving the insignia

post-540-1198614681_thumb.jpg

hopefuly more lives won't need to be lost to the brutal tactics of hezbohla.If the international community was half as forceful with terrorist as it was idioticaly condeming Israel for defending it self there would be a lot more people alive in your neck of the woods.Congradulations to your unit and you in recieving that ribbon and a big thanks to Israel for standing tough against evil.

hopefuly more lives won't need to be lost to the brutal tactics of hezbohla.If the international community was half as forceful with terrorist as it was idioticaly condeming Israel for defending it self there would be a lot more people alive in your neck of the woods.Congradulations to your unit and you in recieving that ribbon and a big thanks to Israel for standing tough against evil.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

<S>

Definatly a symbolic ribbon.

<S>

Congrats to you! Words fail me but I think whiteknight06604 said it well!! :good:

Best regards, Kodiak.

thanks guys!

it really means a lot to read your replies...

<S>

Well deserved my man. It sickens me to see the United Nations make such a rattle about the use of cluster bomb submunitions, yet the f****g media only briefly mentions the continuing rocket attacks, at civilians no less.

Kudos to you and your fellow brethern.

Well deserved my man. It sickens me to see the United Nations make such a rattle about the use of cluster bomb submunitions, yet the f****g media only briefly mentions the continuing rocket attacks, at civilians no less.

Kudos to you and your fellow brethern.

I've been to three funerals of my partner's (partner at the time, she's since moved back to Kesrwan) family, 2 of her cousins 7 and 9 respectively and her sister, 22, all of whom died are victims of cluster bomb munitions. Her sister died in Tyre during the conflict while trying to escape with some members of her family. The children died almost 3 weeks after the cessation of hostilities after accidentally coming into contact with unexploded munitions. The fact that people still don't take seriously or attempt to undermine the effect of these weapons on civilians is what sickens me!

I'll leave my personal politics outta this because it's not the place for it. Either way Nesh. You've served your country, earned the respect of your countrymen and deserve not to be damned for it! Massive respect to you for that! I hope to do the same when serving for mine soon. Here's hoping we'll not have to go to any more funerals in the near future!!

Good for you Nesher, ironically I was in Dubai, U.A.E when the second Lebanon war happened, and you should have read the utter B.S that the arab media of Dubai was printining, that being from Dubai, the most moderate middle east country I've visited, I truly wonder what hateful garbage the more "fanatical" countries were printing.

Good for you Nesher, ironically I was in Dubai, U.A.E when the second Lebanon war happened, and you should have read the utter B.S that the arab media of Dubai was printining, that being from Dubai, the most moderate middle east country I've visited, I truly wonder what hateful garbage the more "fanatical" countries were printing.

In a sick sort of way you can almost understand why the Arab "street" feel the way they do.All they get is one twisted side of events but that being said no matter how much propaganda you are fed there is no excuse to forget what right and wrong and good and evil is.It was no excuse for the Nazi crimes the Soviet crimes Pol Pots crimes and it should not be an excuse for the arab world either.every person knows killing inocent people is wrong.... or at least they should. :yes:

Have you SEEN first hand what cluster bomb's do to the human body ? Not that I'm excusing the rocket attack's, I've seen both close up they're both bad but cluster bomb's are far worse, unless the rocket warhead is non-conventional, if you think cluster's aren't bad, then think again, go hug your bomb's :rolleyes::blink:

Edited by Atreides

Have you SEEN first hand what cluster bomb's do to the human body ? Not that I'm excusing the rocket attack's, I've seen both close up they're both bad but cluster bomb's are far worse, unless the rocket warhead is non-conventional, if you think cluster's aren't bad, then think again, go hug your bomb's :rolleyes::blink:

Atreides, my friend, perhaps I should have clarified my statement. My sole intent was to congratulate Nesher and to make comment on the US media's rather one sided coverage of this matter. It was only an opinion from my perspective. No where in my statement did I indicate support of any type of munitions against civilians.

I've got mine to, as I work in the IDF as civil and took part in the effort.

stashed it somewhere in my drower. ( it don't look to good on a T shirt. :biggrin: )

Cheers and thank you guys for standing on our side against evil. :good:

And NESHER, congrets.

Where do you work Mannie? didn't know you work for the IDF ^_^

and again thanks guys for the support... :)

sparkomatic, I'm a soldier for 2 years, 8 months and a few days now :good:

Where do you work Mannie? didn't know you work for the IDF ^_^

and again thanks guys for the support... :)

sparkomatic, I'm a soldier for 2 years, 8 months and a few days now :good:

Hey Nesher. :good:

Check PM.

C U. :biggrin:

A cluster bomb is no more or less "moral" than any other weapon.It's the intent of the user that determines that.A weapon is just a tool and can be used for good or evil just the same.A person killed by a rifle bullet is dead the same as one killed by cluster munitions.every generation has it's "horror" weapons.The Pope at the turn of the last century said the bolt action rifle was a tool of satan because of the destruction it could do.the same was said of the cross bow and other weapons thru the ages.Cluster munitions just spread mines or grenade submunitions over a wide area not much different than a plane droping many non cluster bombs.I'm not trying to belittle your loss but i don't think your pain would be the less if your loss was caused by a rifle bullet or a hammer.Dead is dead.the dead don't feel any better if they die from certain weapons and in most of cases any weapon will cause horribly suffering or a quik death.it's more a matter of how close and where than by what.while I will never hug a bomb or want to use one except in defence of what I believe as a last resort,there is really no difference what toll is used it's the reason behind it.Hittler killed millions with low tech,durring the crusades both sides caused untold suffering with nothing more than hand tools and genocides regularly happen in africa with nothing more than machettes.Do those victoms deserve any less sympathy and did they suffer any less than people killed by rifle or a cluster bomb?