Sign in to follow this  
ndicki

Adding Sidewinders to Hunter

I made an interesting Hunter for my self of the F.6 that used even an Afterburner!

Indian Hunters carried out successful R-60 trials in the mid- 1980s.There's even a painting on a Thunderbolts Hunter carrying R-60s at BR.But this R-60/Hunter combination was never put into service, as IAF had more capable Interceptors/air defence fighters.

Indian Hunters that were lost in the air battles againt F-86s were to the F-86s guns, not the AIM-9. IF you believe in S/L Alam's fairy tales of how he shot down IAF Hunters one by one, I can't help you. There were some F-86s kills by IAF Hunters well. So not all battles were lost by IAF Hunters.

Take a look:

http://babriet.tripod.com/articles/art_mmalam.htm

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/History/...r/Chapter5.html :good:

Ok, I give up, what does Aikona mean?

Isuthu!

Sorry, China, I don't speak Swahili! ("Coming into manhood" was what I got off the net... Something about some odd American church programme, too.)

"Aikona" means "Never, not a chance" - common southern African slang.

Hi guys, the hunter not sonly used the winders, In the Chilean Air force was common the used of Rafael Shaffir II missiles from 1976 to 1994, these modification was named Aguila Programe, and add a chaff/flare decoy dispensers and RWR on the top of the vert tail, these modification was applied to the total hunter fleet, and for the FR-10 includes a IR imaging cameras on a modified 100 gal tanks.

But i can some custions for the flight model, if anybody please help me!

a) The maximum Sea Level Speed of The Hunter was 626 knots, but i can`t reach it even on clean configuration with 50 % of internal fuel. My best was 515 Knots.

b) The maximum Optimal level speed at 25.000 ft of The Hunter was 616 knots, but i can`t reach it even on clean configuration with 50 % of internal fuel. My best was 480 Knots.

c) The maximum high level speed at 40.000 ft of The Hunter was 541 knots, but i can`t reach it even on clean configuration with 50 % of internal fuel. My best was nearly to 380 Knots d) The hunter was capable of supersonics speed on a dive between 20 to 30 degrees, with a no excediding speed of 1.32 mach, my best dive was 580 knots and threre`s no sonic bang.... :(

d) I can`t deploy my flaps to improve my turning rate, the real one was capable of 350 knots for the corner speed and a "combat flap position of 15 degrees. What parameters must be changed to reach the goals above?, there`s a improvement for the flight model?. I hope that you can help me.

Thanks

Edited by rata