Sign in to follow this  
Platinum Rogue

Flightgear

I'm not sure if anyone else here has mentioned it, but some of you might be interested in Flightgear, a free open-source flight simulator. It certainly looks the part, using high-quality models, clickable 3D cockpits, SRTM terrain data and imagery. There's even a working carrier to use, including the elevators :rolleyes:

Flightgear Home Page

Edited by Platinum Rogue

Played early version over two years ago, hope they fixed many issues... downloading

Played early version over two years ago, hope they fixed many issues... downloading

Same here, played with 0.9.1...still lots of work I think. I'd be curious as to what people think of 1.0.

FastCargo

- tried it last night, was actually very entertaining

of course then I loaded MSFS 2k4 and had a go, for comparison

one thing about MSFS though is the add-ons like SFP1...for example, Okinawa on even MSFS 2k4 looks like a deserted tropical island with one road running up it...there are very well done free downloads that make the airport realistic (have been there a few times, eh)