I have been creating WWII missions in a dedicated WWII instal in the EuroWW2 terrain and something strange has occurred.

When coming out of the mission and going to the debriefing screen I get the confirmation that I have hit say eight targets or whatever but the log shows no weapons fired and no targets hit!

Someone know why this is?

Well, it is possible that you can achieve your mission without firing a shot.

It's not unusual that there are other allied flights out there that may have the same target and get there before you do. In the end it doesn't matter who shot down the enemy planes or took out the building that was designated as primary target. But your mission log shows only those shots and hits of your flight.

Edited by Gocad

did you check to see if your pilot record updated? 3Wire games are rather notorious for not updating completely all of the files that they should

did you check to see if your pilot record updated? 3Wire games are rather notorious for not updating completely all of the files that they should

Thanks for the suggestions guys but the pilot records seem O.K. I would have thought that the log would show I had at least fired the weapons which I did even if I didn't hit anything which I did.

I'm still trying to evaulate what's going on. It may be do to with the mission file as I did a D-Day simulation which is a very large file with loads of ground objects. The flight is right at the edge of starting to stutter. I also modified the ini. in the Hurricane,the airplane I used, with an imported skin and I added CAS to the a/c flight capabilities which was not included in the original file.

It can't be the other members of the flight knocking out the targets as in almost all of the missions I create, I fly back of the group and every flight is a separate one so I don't actually have a wing man or other aircraft in my flight. I just number each one Hammer 1,2,3,4 etc.

Would any of this have the effect of omitting the log events?

Thanks for the suggestions guys but the pilot records seem O.K. I would have thought that the log would show I had at least fired the weapons which I did even if I didn't hit anything which I did.

I'm still trying to evaulate what's going on. It may be do to with the mission file as I did a D-Day simulation which is a very large file with loads of ground objects. The flight is right at the edge of starting to stutter. I also modified the ini. in the Hurricane,the airplane I used, with an imported skin and I added CAS to the a/c flight capabilities which was not included in the original file.

It can't be the other members of the flight knocking out the targets as in almost all of the missions I create, I fly back of the group and every flight is a separate one so I don't actually have a wing man or other aircraft in my flight. I just number each one Hammer 1,2,3,4 etc.

Would any of this have the effect of omitting the log events?

I've now run this file again in a modified version of the D-Day mision with fewer targets basically a smaller file size but with all the same aircraft and most of the same ground objects. This smaller file dosen't have the log and status events missing so I guess the problem must be with the file size.

very interesting

I have given this some more thought (having put my brain in the right way round) and having checked the KB size of the original D-Day file find that it is not as large as some others I created the same sort of way but they don't have the missing log events. Although the number of actual objects in the original D-day file is quite large, the individual number of objects is probably the largest I have done, it didn't make the KB file size bigger than other ones with fewer objects, which is a puzzle to me.

It may in fact be that you guys are right when you said other objects had hit the same object I was firing on at the same time and that is why the kill events aren't showing but this still dosen't answer the question of why no guns or rockets (that was my loadout) are recorded as being fired since they are normally noted even if you don't hit or kill anything.

So as far as I can see the jury's still out on this one! :crazy:

I have given this some more thought (having put my brain in the right way round) and having checked the KB size of the original D-Day file find that it is not as large as some others I created the same sort of way but they don't have the missing log events. Although the number of actual objects in the original D-day file is quite large, the individual number of objects is probably the largest I have done, it didn't make the KB file size bigger than other ones with fewer objects, which is a puzzle to me.

It may in fact be that you guys are right when you said other objects had hit the same object I was firing on at the same time and that is why the kill events aren't showing but this still dosen't answer the question of why no guns or rockets (that was my loadout) are recorded as being fired since they are normally noted even if you don't hit or kill anything.

So as far as I can see the jury's still out on this one! :crazy:

These missing log references happened again yesterday when I flew a mission in the 'Six Day War' Isreal2 terrain map campaign. It cannot be the file size as this was an auto-generated mission in the campaign. I shot down four Migs, it was definitely me and not anyone/thing that shot them down, but the log stated 'no weapon fired' and no kills were recorded. However the Debrief screen showed a sucessfull mission outcome.

It's all weird as this seems to be occurring on a random basis. Sometimes the log is recording events viz: 'kills' & 'ground target hits' and sometimes it doesn't. This is occurring in different campaigns /series and not any particular variation or instal.

Has anyone else experienced this?