Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Back To the USAF Museum

Dave, you ever make it back to Michigan?

Dave, you ever make it back to Michigan?

Yeah I did, overnight. Drove 375 miles from Dayton to Oscoda on Christmas Eve, turned around and drove back the next day because she had to be on duty the 26th.

yikes! how was the weather?

Cold for the most part but other than that good weather.

glad that you had a safe trip...but how is it that they actually let you into Ohio, given your allegiance to a real school?

glad that you had a safe trip...but how is it that they actually let you into Ohio, given your allegiance to a real school?

Our mutual hatred for Notre Dame......

Yeah I did, overnight. Drove 375 miles from Dayton to Oscoda on Christmas Eve, turned around and drove back the next day because she had to be on duty the 26th.

Wow. this is like driving all across Israel from the northern border (Lebanon ) to the southern city of Eilat.

And go all the way back the day after???

Shoosh. :blink:

People from other countries often have trouble comprehending just how big the US is!

My drive record was 1043 km (640 miles) for work in 18 hours. I was very very tired

and diverse...living and working in foreign countries people start with the "Americans, blah-yaddah" and I am like...not me, not my people, not in my way of thinking

that freaks me out too though, like there is more than one or something

Here in California, we don't measure distance in miles/km ... we measure it in time. Like, how many hours to get there, dude?? (from my house to downtown LA, 10 miles...could be 2 hours!!! :rofl: )

btw, great shot Dave!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Here in California, we don't measure distance in miles/km ... we measure it in time. Like, how many hours to get there, dude?? (from my house to downtown LA, 10 miles...could be 2 hours!!! :rofl: )

btw, great shot Dave!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Like the California Navy? "Like, Okay Man."

Nice shots. Anymore of the Deuce or the Six? I remember that MiG-21F-13 from May. I walk over and started saying MiG over and over again. Then I got in the F-4D cockpit and nearly drueled; im my CAP Blues!

People from other countries often have trouble comprehending just how big the US is!

I know how big the US is...

ALMOST AS BIG AS CANADA!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

(*runs back into igloo*)

(*runs back into igloo*)

I bet you all like all that ice too! LOL

Ice is Nice!

Edited by Rambler 1-1

J.M you don't realy think I don't know how big the US is, do you?

I do use Gooogle earth you know. :biggrin:

It is just because we are so small that driving from Tel-aviv to Haifa takes an hour and it looks like aaallllooong time.

If things are not made in minutes, we are getting impatient. :biggrin:

(*runs back into igloo*)

"Because Canada's really big!

We're the second largest country,

on this planet Earth...

And if Russia keeps on shrinking,

then soon we'll be first!

(As long as we keep Quebec)

The USA has tanks,

Swizerland has banks,

They can keep them, thanks,

They just don't amount.

Cause when you get down to it,

You find out what the truth is,

It isn't what you do with it, it's the size that counts!

We're larger than Malaysia,

Almost as big as Asia,

We're bigger than Australia,

and it's a continent!

So big we seldom bother,

to go see one another,

But we often go to other countries for vacation..."

Bonus if you can name the group and song.

FastCargo

J.M you don't realy think I don't know how big the US is, do you?

I do use Gooogle earth you know. :biggrin:

It is just because we are so small that driving from Tel-aviv to Haifa takes an hour and it looks like aaallllooong time.

If things are not made in minutes, we are getting impatient. :biggrin:

Bah, a map means nothing! If it's not at the same scale as the map of where you live that you're comparing it to you get a false sense of size. There are people in NJ, for example, that are astonished at how big FL is. You can literally drive from sunrise to sunset in FL (in the winter) in one direction (Key West to Pensacola) and never leave the state! To drive across FL from my house to Tampa takes over 2 hours alone.

Then you get the states out west that are even larger but have small populations so that you can drive all day and never see anyone! For instance, Israel is 20,330 SQ KM in size. Arizona is 294,315 SQ KM, or 14.5x larger, and that's not even close to the largest state. France is 545630 sq km, or less than 2x the size of Arizona!

I remember we drove from Las Vegas back to Miami in only 3 days of pretty much non-stop driving. I think we stopped and slept for 6 hours or so the 2nd night.

I think the amazing thing is the variety of languages and cultures in a place like Europe when geographically it's not much larger than Texas, yet Texas is almost culturally unified in comparison!

"Because Canada's really big!

We're the second largest country,

on this planet Earth...

And if Russia keeps on shrinking,

then soon we'll be first!

(As long as we keep Quebec)

The USA has tanks,

Swizerland has banks,

They can keep them, thanks,

They just don't amount.

Cause when you get down to it,

You find out what the truth is,

It isn't what you do with it, it's the size that counts!

We're larger than Malaysia,

Almost as big as Asia,

We're bigger than Australia,

and it's a continent!

So big we seldom bother,

to go see one another,

But we often go to other countries for vacation..."

Bonus if you can name the group and song.

FastCargo

Our Mountians Are very pointy

Our Praries are not

the rest is kinda bumpy

BUT MAN DO WE HAVE A LOT!

(we got a whole lot of land)

So stand up and be proud

And sing out very loud

We stand out from the crowd

'cause Canada's realllllllyyyyy biiiigggggg!!!!

"Canada's really big" by the arrogant worms, aka "our national anthem... that we wrote."

I have the CD! I was gonna post that, but you beat me.

You don't have Tim Hortons in the igloo to do you?

Bah, a map means nothing! If it's not at the same scale as the map of where you live that you're comparing it to you get a false sense of size. There are people in NJ, for example, that are astonished at how big FL is. You can literally drive from sunrise to sunset in FL (in the winter) in one direction (Key West to Pensacola) and never leave the state! To drive across FL from my house to Tampa takes over 2 hours alone.

Then you get the states out west that are even larger but have small populations so that you can drive all day and never see anyone! For instance, Israel is 20,330 SQ KM in size. Arizona is 294,315 SQ KM, or 14.5x larger, and that's not even close to the largest state. France is 545630 sq km, or less than 2x the size of Arizona!

I remember we drove from Las Vegas back to Miami in only 3 days of pretty much non-stop driving. I think we stopped and slept for 6 hours or so the 2nd night.

I think the amazing thing is the variety of languages and cultures in a place like Europe when geographically it's not much larger than Texas, yet Texas is almost culturally unified in comparison!

Texas is a haul.....I drove from El Paso to San Antonio about 550 miles, took 7 hours roughly. and that was just 2/3 away through the state on my way to Houston. If you think driving Florida is bad, you can drive for almost 2 days (driving time) in Texas and never leave the state.

I liked the east coast in that you drive for a while and see a lot of really neat things (and pay quite a lot in tolls) but admittedly when I drove around in Arizona, well...it was...uh...

Try living in Japan, parts are gorgeous with lush hillsides (they call them mountains, but once you have seen the Rockies...) and then the skylines of some of the busiest cities in the world. Osaka has a higher GDP than like Australia and Spain