Sign in to follow this  
Dave

For BG Olds.....

S!

- a man after my own heart...hated by the "establishment", married a movie star, and a true "maverick" (as in free thinker not some movie character)...

- what a tactician!

- such a shame he never finished his bio...guess he was too busy living life up to the end

- a man after my own heart...hated by the "establishment", married a movie star, and a true "maverick" (as in free thinker not some movie character)...

- what a tactician!

- such a shame he never finished his bio...guess he was too busy living life up to the end

Him and Yeager will always be my heros.

S!

<S>

Is that a single seat F-4?

I cant leave Crossfield off that list

Wasn't Scott a civilian test pilot?

Yes - but Crossfield started out in the Navy... back to the topic, BG Olds... one of the finest men the USAF ever had... for all the reasons listed above and more!

SB

given the USAF's disdain for heroes, I am surprised they put that one in the museum...must have slipped by the curator

and we all know what happened to the highest scoring Phantom...it should be there instead

given the USAF's disdain for heroes, I am surprised they put that one in the museum...must have slipped by the curator

and we all know what happened to the highest scoring Phantom...it should be there instead

Highest scoring Phantom? What happened? QF-4?

nope...it languishes at the Zoo...outside

:rtfm: Can I see a picture of this...this...

Similar to the bru-ha-ha surrounding the restoration of the Enola Gay I suppose. Can't let anyone know that we were ever successful at anything.

:rtfm: Can I see a picture of this...this...

Follow this link...

http://modelingmadness.com/reviews/viet/jacksonf4d.htm

tells the story...then

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Air_Force_Academy

it sits in the Terrazzo, near the Dining Facility (mess hall...I know...it sounds ghey)

actually there is a very excellent skin of "66-7463" for SFP1, before anyone asks

awesome, he spoke at a dining in we had (and I was the president of the mess...man that SUCKED, being the POTM, that is). Actually a very entertaining speaker