Sign in to follow this  
echoco

Zuni smoke marker rocket

Hi I'm wondering if there's been any addon or similar or even if its possible to have a LAU-10 pod with smoke markers for marking up targets.

Already in the Weapons Pak.

(insert Interior Decorator's Voice)

Lots of nice colors, there's a red and green and yellow. They're so pretty!!! The smoke clouds just spiral up into the sky, like it's doing a little dance..just lovely!!! And the white phosphorour ones....oh! So bright!!!!

(Interior Decorator's Voice, off)

Back to reality.... :haha:

Unfortunately, there's no real FAC capabilities in the game; oh, sure Snoopy shows up and flys in circles getting his ass shot off...but they never mark the targets (unlike Janes USAF). If you want to carry them, they're actually good for tossing out over you CAS targets, in case you get distracted dodging SAMs, AAA, enemy fighers, or just get lost. Hey, it's happened to me!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Really? I saw Snoopy fire of the Zunis before. Maybe another flight was of Broncos useing Zunis.

really? have NEVER seen Snoopy pop smoke...and yes, when I roll into CAS I select Snoopy, then switch views, waiting for the little liar to say "smoke now"...nope...he does not even make a strafing run...no matter the airframe

Thats great, thanks

I like my rockets colorful, now if I could get an OA-4M to mount these rockets on.

Gentlemen, I beg to differ. Are we talking AI birds? The O-1E FAC, F-100D, F-100F Misty FAC and F-4D NightOwl all mark targets in AI.

Guest Saganuay82

F4FAC.jpg

Works in MP also.

Gentlemen, I beg to differ. Are we talking AI birds? The O-1E FAC, F-100D, F-100F Misty FAC and F-4D NightOwl all mark targets in AI.

Not challenging you, but I have never seen it in a CAS mission, would you be able to snap a screenshot and post it? Maybe I am doing something wrong. Maybe they dont like me. No idea.

Not challenging you, but I have never seen it in a CAS mission, would you be able to snap a screenshot and post it? Maybe I am doing something wrong. Maybe they dont like me. No idea.

This is an old screen shot, but I'm pretty sure I'm rolling in on a target marked by the FAC.

post-6158-1200314143_thumb.jpg

weird, so why dont they make it for me...

let me try something

Maybe giving them a bottle of scotch or a case of beer will make them more cooperative. :biggrin:

On looking back I think that maybe that screenshot came from a YAP mission, in which case the FAC may have been "programmed" rather than just an auto-generated thing.

Ah...still trying to get it to work...maybe if I order them pizza...of course part of me wants to shoot down one, then maybe the word will get back to the others...but we try not to let that part out :ph34r:

Nope...they loaded rockets, then I guess budget cuts prevented them from employing same...

here is a series:

he tells me...

img00009.jpg

and he continues his circle, not even pointed at them...

img00010.jpg

and there he goes...

img00011.jpg

you will notice a decided lack of rocketry...

maybe that YAP mission makes it work, if so, that may be worth it alone