Sign in to follow this  
sinbad

Ferruccio Coppini HD-1 82 Sq

Ferruccio Coppini HD-1 82 Sq

Greetings:

This skin depicts an HD-1, SN 11344, flown by the 82a Sq at Gazzo in mid to late 1918. The regular pilot is not known but the C.O. of 82 Sq during this time was Maggiore Ferruccio Coppini, and I have assigned his name to the skin because there is a good chance he did fly the plane. The unusual red outer, white mid, and green center of the roundels and are as accurate as research permits. Some suggest this sort of marking was done in haste by the French before delivery, but this machine was built by Macchi. There was wide variation in the paints used by the Italians in the field to apply the national markings. Many used dark forest green and dark red while other units used brighter colors.

The skin is based on several sources, including an excellent three view and profile by P. Endsleigh Castle, Profile Publication Number 109 and “Above the War Fronts,” by Norman Franks, Russel Guest and Gregory Alegi. For some reason this plane did not carry the 82 Sq numerals on the top wing. The 78 Squadron horseshoe symbol sits above the latin script Hosti Ipsi Aequiter – which loosely translates as “Hostile Appropriate Justice.”

The model, the excellent template, the cockpit and detail parts in the layout were all done by EmlD. Without his outstanding work, patience and guidance, this skin would never have been possible.

This skin is the product of collaboration, but the paints and markings you see depicting this aircraft are entirely my responsibility, and my time machine is no longer operational. This is an interpretation, a well-grounded interpretation, but certainly a mix of accuracy and flaws.

Have fun with it. I’d appreciate any comments, especially with links to source material.

Just drop the folder in your HD-1_ITA folder and select Farruccio Coppini in the loadout screen.

There is no need to edit the ini.

Please no distribution or republication of any part of these files. There is a lot of unique detail that took a lot a time to research, compile and work into the skin. For that reason, these parts are not available for further use.

EmlD © 2007

sinbad © 2007