Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Vought F4U-2 Corsair Nightfighter

Vought F4U-2 Corsair Nightfighter

F4U-2 Corsair Nightfighter mod for SF/WoV/WoE, PTO installs 1/3/08

This is a modifcation of Wolf257's F4U Corsair into the -2 nighter version used by the US Navy and Marine Corps in the Pacific during 1943-45

This is a semi-complete aircraft mod, including all the necessary parts, excepting the aircraft LOD, to recreate the -2 Nightfighters. You =WILL= have to copy the "F4U-1.LOD" from your original Corsair's folder to this one.

Included is the full cockpit, modified by Lexx_Luthor, from the F-86D for use in this aircraft, 2 full skins representing VFN-101 and VMFN-532, all inis and damage tgas, and a NEW -only available in this mod- Corsair Nightfighter Hangar Screen.

You're also be using the weapons editor to add the new wing-mounted radar pod, modified from the Ekco pod as seen on the Hawker Seahawks.

== YOU MUST HAVE THE LATEST WEAPONS PAK INSTALLED TO GET THE WW2 WEAPONS!! ==

PLEASE read the enclosed readme for full, detailed installation instructions, and special thanks to those who assisted!! And the usual section from "General Notes"

Happy Hunting!

Wrench

kevin stein

OUT FRICKIN Standing. I love it!!!!!!!! Not to sound greedy but, his there a night version of the Hellcat in store? Man I love the Corsair. I have really enjoyed your mods of WW2 and early Cold War stuff.

Just wanted to say THANKS :ok:

One could be made from the existing -3, but we'd really need the -5 'cat to do it right.

Wrench

kevin stein

OUT FRICKIN Standing. I love it!!!!!!!! Not to sound greedy but, his there a night version of the Hellcat in store? Man I love the Corsair. I have really enjoyed your mods of WW2 and early Cold War stuff.

Just wanted to say THANKS :ok:

HooooRaah!

A quickie fix to the data ini, this will help increase the 'response' of the AI wingmen to airborne threats.

Open the data ini, and copy/paste the statement below DIRECTLY over the existing [DetectSystem] section:

[DetectSystem]

RadarName=AN/APS-4

RadarType=AIR_INTERCEPT

RangeUnit=NM

RadarAzimuthLimit=60

RadarElevationLimit=60

RadarSearchTime=2.0

RadarSearchRange=70

RadarSearchStrength=70

RadarTrackTime=5.0

RadarTrackRange=60

RadarTrackStrength=50

VisualBlindArc=5,6,7

VisualRestrictedArc=4L,8L,12L

MaxVisibleDistance=6000.0

This will effectively make them a bit 'smarter' when looking for bogies with their radar

enjoy!

wrench

kevin stein