Sign in to follow this  
Dave

The Best of 2007

Ok folks what mods, threads and / or events at Combatace are your favorites / least favorites of 2007? Sound off!

I LOVE EmlD's Hanriot HD 1. F-16 Blk 60 is pretty awesome, great fun to fly. Brain32's WOV photoreal tileset is one of the best addons I've ever seen. Baltika's Operation Mountain Twilight is super fantastic, love the idea. There have been an enormous amount of addys to FE, I love them like my childrens. Zur's F/A-37 Talon is tons of fun, even though it explodes if you go too fast. The MF Weapons Pack is also great, I love the squeal when you get a heat lock. Max188's First Eagles Buildings are a joy, as is his wonderful winter terrain. There are tons and tons more that are super great that I haven't the energy to mention, all made by skilled and talented modders who have selflessly devoted many hours for the sake of us having fun. I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

Was not a fan of the whole stink with Diego.

My favortie add ons were the F-16I the Vulcan and the Harrier campaign. I dont realyt have a least favorite.

*falls down*

To many to say. I liked the Viper attack, the Vulcans, Osprey, Harrier Campaign, F-4G, and that I was able to become a member that year.

Su-27(We really need red fighters!)

and Harrier campaing!!

simply...

found this place and all of you guys.

Thanks to all of you.

1. Finding CombatAce in the first place.

2. Finding the Korean Air War Mod for SFP1. Every since Mig Alley I've wanted an updated Korean War sim. This added the Navy side of things as well.

3. The MV-22.

And I also chime in with my respect and admiration for the modders who work around here. I've dabbled in this area and know how much time and effort it takes.

The F-16E and F block 60s were a nice surprise - must be one of the first sims to include those versions - shame really cos I dont play any versions of this game past 1983 :)

The Mirage Factory stuff has been top notch in all areas

The forums have been very active this year which is a plus

Edited by CoolHand29

simply...

found this place and all of you guys.

Thanks to all of you.

Well this just about sums up my feelings about this site. There's very little I don't like. It's the first place I come to very time I go on the net to see what you guys are up to and other than asking for support with something, just love to throw in one of my 'verbal footballs' for you all to play with. :biggrin:

America Northwest map by major lee, mountian thaw tilesets by doghouse, C-130s by Dels. SOOO much fun!

also, my new video card and my modified planes, both of which I have because of help from this site. Thanks, guys!

The tileset, ANW Thaw are actually Deuces tiles from his GermanyCE2. Doghouse never claimed creation of the tileset other than the name of the zip itself.

I don't think I can pick! Sorry...they're all winners! :clapping:

From the Star Trek legacy end of it there were ALOT of great mods, and I used up alot of HD space with them all.The ones I want ot mention are Ultimate Universe, TLG, Trek Wars, Lagecy OEM+, I told you theres so many. I would hate to have to pick a favorite at this point.

Too many positive things to only pick one. For me personally, this past year has really been about getting deeper into the game engine and going beyond simply adding new planes. Rather than relying on mods created by others, I dipped a toe in modding various aspects of the game myself for the first time. Some attempts were successful, others were failures, but all were enjoyable and entertaining.

Of course I couldn't have done any of it without the work of so many others who generously shared their knowledge and know-how. Hats off to all who have contributed, and to CombatACE in particular for serving as a welcoming and fun place to host all of this stuff.

Here's to all of us having a great new year!

to many things

but my favorite is the Su-27 flanker, i love it

Ooo...that Flanker was very nice

Maro's Flanker was released towards the end of 2006 wasn't it??

EDIT: Oops, my mistake. Feb 14th/15th-ish. In that case, I'm going with the Flanker because there's no real place that can hold a candle to it! :smile:

now that you mention flankers, is there an SU-33 out there? I LOVE the -27, but the carrier flanker would be cool to have.

now that you mention flankers, is there an SU-33 out there? I LOVE the -27, but the carrier flanker would be cool to have.

Yup, that is, there will be. Check out Marcelo's digs here There's no delivery date scheduled yet. Expect it to be a while though.

i really love the Flanker, the F-G and the Harrier-campaign!

I can´t wait for the mods-addons in 2008.

The TW Series has so much potential....

Soulfreak out.