Has anyone tried to use Autodesk Inventor for moddling aircraft? I think it should work since it is from the same company as 3dsm.

Interesting...because it's currently free too...

Even if there wasn't an exporter, if it outputs files that are DIRECTLY compatible with 3DS Max, it would be great for modders who could put out files for 3DS Max owners to export to LOD for them without translation errors.

FastCargo

I'm working with inventor right now in school, and I think I'm getting pretty adept at it. I'll try modeling something for the game in it, but I'd have to hand it off to one of the 3dsm gurus since you can't assign animations in it like you can in 3ds. Inventor is better for engineering design and drafting, I've been told its more accurate than 3ds in some areas (I've never used it).

Guest Saganuay82

But you could build airfields, buildings, bridges and things that don't have to be animated. Will it view a lod?

But you could build airfields, buildings, bridges and things that don't have to be animated. Will it view a lod?

Buildings are a piece of cake. Is there something you had in mind? If a lod is a file for 3dsm, yes iirc.

BTW, I graduate in June, so I'm not sure how mush longer i will have access to this.

Edited by arf16

This is somethingI threw together in inventor. If someone has more information about the Little Boy, or would like to finish this in 3ds, let me know.

littleboy.jpg

Edited by arf16