Sign in to follow this  
Brainless

It’s all over for another year

Well my misses has taken down the xmas decorations this afternoon and they’ve been put into storage until next time so I guess it really is over now for another year.

Was it good? Well I cannot lie it wasn’t the best I’ve ever had. Firstly there was the worry over the present to my dearly beloved, as you all by now know about, which worked out in the end. We were both getting over this flue virus so no I didn’t really enjoy it that much. I still haven’t got rid of the retched thing entirely even now!

I suppose I’ll just have to look forward to it all again hopefully in better health next xmas.

How did you guys get on with your presents etc. Did you have a good time?

Did anyone get a new game?

Did you get the right present for your wife/partner?

I got some memory expansion for my computer here, so I placed all unimportant files (pictures, videos, essays, memorable family stuff) on the external drive. More space for SF!

...unfortunately, still not enough room for WoV, WoE, WoI, FS or Il2.

I got to go home on leave and spend Christmas with my wife and kids. It can't get any better than that.

Me?

Hell, I got the obligatory socks and underwear... A new briefcase as my old one was toast... oh and a new coffee maker. HOWEVER... I have been given free reign to go buy a new video card... now I'm torn between snarfing up something now or wait till the dust settles for early 08'.

... Oh and the wife and kids got spoiled rotten as usual.

I got a Zalman CNPS9700 NT CPU Fan, BFG 8800 GTS 512MB OC, and OCZ Gold Series 2GB DDR2 Dual Channel (Love Tiger Direct, $39.99 Christmas Eve). Also got 105 mph winds on Friday and lots rain on Friday, no power for 52 hrs, my grandparents still don't have power, and half of there roof tiles are gone. Spent most of my day on Saturday on a roof, putting nailing down blue tarps.

I got an Archos 405 Media player from my beloved.

I can watch full video and movies or play my music. Came in hand when I went to the shoe store.

I have Fighter Flings 04 and 89, an F-15 doc, the Recon scene from 13 Days, and the cut scenes from USNF 97.

The display is clear and crisp but it is small enough to fit in a pocket. And No hard drive!

The down sides are

Limited memory 2gb flash memory ( I went out and got an 4gb flash card)

The player had a lot of features, can record TV, DVD, VCR, or audio (and or be used as a digital camcorder), the bad thing is you have to buy the accessories which come at 90 a pop and a lot of file formats are not supported unless you go online and purchase the plugins.

Archos is known for having crappy support and a confusing website layout.

Overall I love it but do not want to invest 300+ in add ons and plugins.

I got to go home on leave and spend Christmas with my wife and kids. It can't get any better than that.

Well that’s got to be the best xmas present any of us could have wished for!

Seems like most of you guys did somewhat better than me :good:

Zurawski..seems like you’re the same as me waiting for the new stuff to come out before upgrading. I’m waiting for a signal from Buff! :blink:

Suhsjake.. seems like you really went thro’ it. Compared to me I had it easy. Best of luck with the grandparents roof and hope the insurance covers the damage!

Ironroad..well I guess you don’t get it all every time! :yes:

I’m improving on the health front and working on Brainless challenge No. 2 when one of you guys gets to do my first one. Come on fellas I’m waiting to make a donation.I know they are’nt poor but I’m sure they’ll appreciate the money. :biggrin:

For Xmas, my girly was kind enough to score me a flight in one of these:

NNJ18Mar07-11.jpg

...as a stop gap until I get the funds together to head over to Houston and worship at the feet of Clyde Drexler, but mainly to go for joyflights in an F-4D and TA-4. To tell the truth, with Xmas, my bday and new years, that whole week is a bit of a blur... :yes:

Can't wait to see what other challenges you come up with Brainless (or should you be called smartarse...? I dunno :tongue:). I won't be participating only because they seem to stimulate aggression and frustration to me since I always miss!!! :biggrin:

Yeah, the traffic patterns this morning are indicative that they're over...more cars on the road!!

For Xmas, my girly was kind enough to score me a flight in one of these:

NNJ18Mar07-11.jpg

...as a stop gap until I get the funds together to head over to Houston and worship at the feet of Clyde Drexler, but mainly to go for joyflights in an F-4D and TA-4. To tell the truth, with Xmas, my bday and new years, that whole week is a bit of a blur... :yes:

Can't wait to see what other challenges you come up with Brainless (or should you be called smartarse...? I dunno :tongue:). I won't be participating only because they seem to stimulate aggression and frustration to me since I always miss!!! :biggrin:

Well you lucky b@\\@r I hope you bought your 'girly' something really nice for xmas 'cos with a prezzy like that for you she really deserved it! I bet all the guys here are green with envy. Let us know how the flight goes.

No my next challenge will be really, really easy for everyone to do. ( if you believe that you'll believe anything) :biggrin:

I don't mind smartarse after all I've been called much worse than that :biggrin:

This Christmas was pretty much low-key with the biggest present still unaccounted for - I hope it'll be shipped from Germany soon - an Eizo HD2441W-WS 24in TFT screen. Other than that, also the usual socks and underwear, some new literature, and well - some dough to spend on gifts of my own choice... Oh well, time to start the new year with renewed vigor (and a new hard disk) - btw does anybody know of any external adaptors that can connect SATA-2 and IDE HDDs to the PC via Firewire?