Sign in to follow this  
MarkF.

Red Viper, Vista and Black Screen

:blink:

Anyone have a fix? I'm pulling my hair out, and I can't afford that. One mission will run fine, but any mission after that without re-loading the entire program results in blank screen, with the sim running behind it.

I have tried everything from resolution settings to NV driver settings, to installing older drivers, which don't go back very far for Vista, to setting compatibility for XP, Win98, etc....I had it running good once, but F'd it up somehow, so there HAS to be a fix.

Vista

3.4 Dual

NV8800GTX

2048gbRAM

X-Fi fatality

My klite video codec pack messes up Falcon4: AF where it black screens. You have to disable a ffdshow codec for it to work. Just google for the answer about klite and falcon 4. You don't have to have that particular codec pack. Its a problem with ffdshow.

:blink:

Anyone have a fix? I'm pulling my hair out, and I can't afford that. One mission will run fine, but any mission after that without re-loading the entire program results in blank screen, with the sim running behind it.

I have tried everything from resolution settings to NV driver settings, to installing older drivers, which don't go back very far for Vista, to setting compatibility for XP, Win98, etc....I had it running good once, but F'd it up somehow, so there HAS to be a fix.

Vista

3.4 Dual

NV8800GTX

2048gbRAM

X-Fi fatality

I see you are one of the unfortunate vista owners, ok heres the fix, uninstall vista, get a stable OS and then try it again. :good:

I think like everyone you will need to make some changes to your codec pack.

Ok ive looked everywhere and cant find a download for Red Viper. ive heard it might be known as free falcon? im just not sure, could anyone provide a link to download RV. I stuck grrr.

Guest Bounder

works fine on mine,but some game I have to use this trick load the game on another pc, even if its another with vista on it then transfer it to you better pc.

Ok ive looked everywhere and cant find a download for Red Viper. ive heard it might be known as free falcon? im just not sure, could anyone provide a link to download RV. I stuck grrr.

Yep its Free Falcon 4 - Plenty of people play it over AF but dont expect it to be fully stable - Cant vouch for online gaming either so you may want to check frugals etc.

Cheers, i broke my ankle a year ago an spent a month learnin the proper takeoff procedure so i got some way to go before i start flyin onlin anyway, but iv heard lots of good things about red viper! Ill get downloading soon.

cheers