Sign in to follow this  
Laer

ZZZ Soundpack's a-10 engine goes silent

I had previously had the 3 zip ZZZ Soundpack installed (using Modman), and it seemed to work fine. Now, the a10 engine sounds are completely silent, and the only fix seems to be to remove the one zip from the 3 zips (...the one that isn't a Bitching Betty one). That fixes it, but it's a drag I can't use that. I have the Archer soundpack instead.

Anyone run into that, and know of a fix?

I ran into it with Flaming Cliffs. I was using one of the ZZZSpace sound packs and it fuxored the A10 sounds. The reason being is there were some sound files renamed for FC and his old sound packs use the old names. There is a ZZZSpace sound pack that is specifically for FC, but you have to be really careful when you install it, as you can corrupt the sound fairly easily.

I ran into it with Flaming Cliffs. I was using one of the ZZZSpace sound packs and it fuxored the A10 sounds. The reason being is there were some sound files renamed for FC and his old sound packs use the old names. There is a ZZZSpace sound pack that is specifically for FC, but you have to be really careful when you install it, as you can corrupt the sound fairly easily.

Hello again, Ruggbutt. Ya, I'm using FC. I thought I had it fixed when I removed the one (of the three) zips, but now it's silent again! Damn... I'll pull out all the sound mods and see if it comes back.

I'll look into the FC version of ZZZSpace. Haven't seen it yet.

BTW, the last suggestion you gave me regarding the A10 Mavericks always missing (put Missile Effectiveness up) works great. Thanks!

I had previously had the 3 zip ZZZ Soundpack installed (using Modman), and it seemed to work fine. Now, the a10 engine sounds are completely silent, and the only fix seems to be to remove the one zip from the 3 zips (...the one that isn't a Bitching Betty one). That fixes it, but it's a drag I can't use that. I have the Archer soundpack instead.

Anyone run into that, and know of a fix?

Wel this may sound dumb...I thought it was when I first heard it, but thake the effects sound folder contens and place them in the root directory.

This worked for me. :good:

Joe

Wel this may sound dumb...I thought it was when I first heard it, but thake the effects sound folder contens and place them in the root directory.

This worked for me. :good:

Joe

These were installed using Modman 6... It actually worked initially, for days... then only the a10 engine sounds (and flares) went silent. All other sounds still worked, including the other 2 ZZZSpace zips.

I'll have to tinker with it. The sound files didn't get corrupted, as they do work individually. So, I'm thinking some init file got messed up or something...