Sign in to follow this  
Laer

Overwriting 'Hot Files' with Modman

Some mods bring up an alert about the mod overwriting Hot Files. Obviously, it says that they wouldn't advise it, but does this mean I should completely forget about installing the mod, or is this just a generic warning that I can safely ignore... or, do I back something up?

I noticed it for the f16 mod, for example...

I made a movie where I used an F16 mod. It screwed up my install completely. It was no big deal cuz FC had just been released so I had to do a clean install anyway. Anytime you mod your game you take a risk of screwing up the installation. I only use mods that are Modman 6 compatible, as Modman makes the essential backups.

I made a movie where I used an F16 mod. It screwed up my install completely. It was no big deal cuz FC had just been released so I had to do a clean install anyway. Anytime you mod your game you take a risk of screwing up the installation. I only use mods that are Modman 6 compatible, as Modman makes the essential backups.

When I see that warning about Hot Files, I generally just cancel and skip the mod. I did let ONE get installed. The FPS mod actually didn't install 2 or 3 of the packets (graphics.init, etc)... I think it was a Hot File thing. Anyway, I backed up the files that it said it would have copied over, and let it install. So, I hope I can just put the Hot Files back...

Seems like many of the mods are Modman 5 versions, so I'll have to keep my eye out for that...

What I meant to say was to use Modman 6, it will install the older mods correctly. Most of the mods out there aren't LOMAN or ModMan compatible.

What I meant to say was to use Modman 6, it will install the older mods correctly. Most of the mods out there aren't LOMAN or ModMan compatible.

Yup, okay. I'm using Modman 6. I like how it (apparently) has fixed that CCD(?) issue (.....CCCD?.... You know what I mean...)

I'll let you know if I discover anything. It's weird... I removed the one ZZZSpace (non-bitching betty) mod zip, and used the Archer Soundpack instead... which initially worked, but again did the same effect (engine/flare sounds gone on the A10 only).