Just wondering how I get the A-1 Skyraider in Strike Fighters. I went to the download section, but it appears that all of the downloads require some original add on that I cannot find.

Thanks

For a free and totaly functional SPAD download:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...mp;showfile=747

Patch it up with this to refine it:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=1228

Get USAFMTL's OV-10 for Diego's Bitchin maskless prop jockeys.

For more Navy skins Fist of the Fleet has some very handsome ones.

Thats My preference for a free SPAD. All @:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...amp;showcat=137

Should work with no mods. Razbam has the SPAD and the A1E for sale. I bought them both and they're both worth it. PM me if you need to. Next question please. :ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima

And if you are really into the game, the Razbam Skyraider offers a major upgrade over the free one. It is superior in all respects.

Raz's SPAD is worth the price of admission for just the cockpit alone...not even mentioning the quality of model itself...well worth the money!!

(after getting mine, I transferd the pit over the Monty's old one :ok: )....now, just need a APS-4 to hang under the wing...

Wrench

kevin stein

that Neil Diamond moniker still mesmerizes me...

His 'fro is a national treasure. I hear they have it on display in Vegas.

Hi i got one example of A1, but seem like glass textures (plane goes to transparent) and it`s funny to see that plane flyning only with the ordenance load, a smoke trail and a non visible Sky raider, There`s any proble with the model or with the installation

Tks

Is that a 'fro? I thought it was the source of knowledge

The 'fro was given to him by the Archangel Steve and is the source of his singing prowess. Notice that when he lost the 'fro sometime in the 80s, his poweres declined to a mere trifle.

Sweet! If only he had an goatie back then...world dominance!

It would have been frightful...no doubt.

Not to sidetrack the Niel Diamond discussion, but I have another Skyraider question...

I have downloaded the free A-1H from Combatace, and also just purchased Razbam's A-1E Vol. I.

In both versions, the weapon grouping is such that the 5 most outboard stations alternate between two different weapon groups. So out of those 10 hardpoints, you can only get a max of two different weapon types on the plane. I've seen lots pics of A-1's with rocket pods on the outermost stations, and serveral different combinations of ordinance on the other hardpoints.

I've messed around with the weapons groupings loadouts to allow the loadout to be more flexible, but I was just curious if any of the resident experts around here know what the typical loadout configuration would have been for CAS or strke missions in Vietnam. This way I can set up my weapons groupings with something that is somewhat historically accurate.

In reality, the most realistic option may be to have each harpoint be it's own weapon group to allow any combination of ordinace, but since this would be a tedious way to loadout the aircraft, I'd rather put together a weapon grouping that is a good combination of quick to load/flexibility.

Thanks!

Edited by malibu43

If you're interested, I can PM you a personnal data.ini and loadout.ini I made using a kind of pretty realistic Sandy load.

If you're interested, I can PM you a personnal data.ini and loadout.ini I made using a kind of pretty realistic Sandy load.

Please!

Not to sidetrack the Niel Diamond discussion, but I have another Skyraider question...

I have downloaded the free A-1H from Combatace, and also just purchased Razbam's A-1E Vol. I.

In both versions, the weapon grouping is such that the 5 most outboard stations alternate between two different weapon groups. So out of those 10 hardpoints, you can only get a max of two different weapon types on the plane. I've seen lots pics of A-1's with rocket pods on the outermost stations, and serveral different combinations of ordinance on the other hardpoints.

I've messed around with the weapons groupings loadouts to allow the loadout to be more flexible, but I was just curious if any of the resident experts around here know what the typical loadout configuration would have been for CAS or strke missions in Vietnam. This way I can set up my weapons groupings with something that is somewhat historically accurate.

In reality, the most realistic option may be to have each harpoint be it's own weapon group to allow any combination of ordinace, but since this would be a tedious way to loadout the aircraft, I'd rather put together a weapon grouping that is a good combination of quick to load/flexibility.

Thanks!

Here's some interesting stuff related to...

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkwHsxodHVqIA...c.php%3ft=19309

On Monty CZs' and Razbams' Skyraiders the outboard weapon points are grouped like this:

Group 1 is pylon 1,3,5. counting from the outside in.

Group 2 is pylon 2, 4.

Group 3 is pylon 6

Group 4 and 5 are the 2 inboard and centerline pylons.

I don't know if this is cheating or not but I increased the load limits of pylon 2, 4, and 6 to 260 so I can mount snakeye bombs there, and added GP to pylon 6 so I wouldn't tie up my heavy pylons with the lightwieght SUU-11. Hey CorkTip can I get a copy of that data and loadout ini and does it support the sani flush weapon?

:ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima

After adding Corktip's Data.ini and Lodout.ini, and then messing around with them on my own a little as well, I was able to get something that resembled the "typical" Sandy lodout I posted above.

However, I was a little dissappointed when I realized that a lot of those munitions (CBU-25, as well as several in the weapons pack) would be more useful against infnatry and light armor, and not tanks. This means that running into the generic CAS missions that WOV generates with the "Sandy" lodout is not really that great of an idea. The rockets and guns are usefull, but the CBU-25, napalm, and AN-M47's are useless against the tanks. It's too bad that infantry or more lightly armored targets are not included in the CAS missions as well as tanks.

You know, there is a infantry pack in the download section and I'm convinced that with some editing you could fly CAS missions against infantry.

You know, there is a infantry pack in the download section and I'm convinced that with some editing you could fly CAS missions against infantry.

I found that and downloaded it. The readme made installation sound easy enough. Does anyone know how I get the infantry to be incorporated into the standard CAS single mission? Or would I have to build missions to use the infantry in?

I looked through the knowledgebase, but couldn't find the answer to this question.

Thanks!

Answers to my own questions:

I found some photos of VA-25 SPADS loaded with 4 Snakeye retarded bombs on stations 1 & 2.

Interestingly AD-5Qs / EA-1Fs mounted fuel tanks on outboard wing stations. :ph34r: CL