Sign in to follow this  
littlesmoke

Static AC as Ground Object problem

OK, so I've read everything in the search and KB, yet still can't fix my problem.

I finally got my plane to show up as a ground object (for use in campaigns), yet the plane appears to be stuck in the ground. (see pic)

Capuns static ground object's were helpful references which appear as normal.

any help would be appreciated,

2180324281_74e9c30d73_o.jpg

Had this myself, when tweeking the AN-12 to a static parked bird for SoCal

I think -but can't prove this- it may be a 'centered to the world' problem in the lod itself. Meaning, even as set in the targets and types inis, the game engine might still be seeing it as a flyable aircraft.

Have you tried comprnt's complex parked statics??? They may work better --make sure you read his readme; it mentions unexpected heading changes and 'off center' displacements

Wrench

kevin stein

Capun has produced a series of static aircraft for airfield decoration. Also, I believe other static AC have been made. The next patch for SF will resolve this issue and allow parked "regular" aircraft. This is implemented in the recent FE expansion.... Otherwise, the 1/2 aircraft deal is a known issue... It has to do with not having landing gear displayed, thereby keeping the AC off the ground... Personally, for decoys, I think these are ok, given the low quality of decoy needed to actually "fool" pilots flying at speed... Recall some of the crude stuff from WWII...

Guest capun

If it is a normal flying plane use comprnt's method

If you are doing a truly static aircraft you need to set the model with the gears down at frame 0 (default) and the tires touching the Z=0 in 3DS Max

If it is a normal flying plane use comprnt's method

If you are doing a truly static aircraft you need to set the model with the gears down at frame 0 (default) and the tires touching the Z=0 in 3DS Max

so it can't be done without editing the original 3DS file? Have you done any other planes other than those here at Combatace?

Guest capun

Yes they can be done but you need to use Comprnt's method. Search here at CA for his method, it may even be at the Knowledge Database already

And no, pretty much all static planes are here. There is an older package with static aircraft also available here.