Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

Progress of Vogesen terrain development

gallery_3395_48_202569.jpg

I know, it is a long time ago, that i made Vogesen terrain as a Beta, but know i'm working on it again.

What a coinkidink! Just a couple of days ago I realized I hadn't installed the Vogesen terrain in the Expansion Pack yet. I've been flying over it a lot lately (seems a natural for the HD 1). :good: Looking forward to the update.

gallery_3395_48_202569.jpg

I know, it is a long time ago, that i made Vogesen terrain as a Beta, but know i'm working on it again.

Great. Been using Vogesen as the standard terrain for all single play, augmented with worn dromes and parked aircraft. Currently we use un-modded Flanders for multiplay. Would be great to have a Vogesen with the worn dromes and parked aircraft for standardization. Any chance to have a mountain or two? The hills are great, but higher might be a little better.

J18Dread, Vogesen terrain high data are taken from satellite high data information. The mountains are nearly so as you can find them in reality. The only diffrence is, that the Vogesen looks a little bit more rocky than in the game. one or two big mountains would be nice, but such mountains you cant find in this area. The highest "hill" is the Grosse Belchen or on french the Grand Ballon, but on this highest hill you can walk without problems. Its not to compare with the high mountains of the Alps.

Too bad, still the best terrain. Any chance for the worn dromes and parked planes? Makes the dromes a bit more interesting. Nice to have, but not essential. Could do it myself, but the idea is to have a 'canned' install. Again, great work. Thanks.

First of all i made Vogesen terrain compatible with the Expansion, what means, that now also winter, spring and autumn terrain will be available. I added some new bridges and some new sight seeing objects, like the castles. Many more streets are now to see in the Elsass region (Rhine Valley), The Frontline and the River Rhine are now longer etc.

Parked aircrafts are with the expansion automaticaly available. In the Beta i used a standard airfield for all, in the new version you will find different airfields.

Excellent! Thanks for doing all the work on this.

Until we have the Alps, this is the best was to simulate the Italian front.

If there is anything I can do to help, please advise.

This looks so good...will the map have the names of towns and airfields on it to aid immersion???

Looks absolutely great....thanks for your efforts looking forward to adding this to me fe files..

Mindbender

wait a minute...the expansion pack automatically puts parked aircraft on the field? :warning:

speculating...does that mean that the new patching standard will finally put static aircraft in WOE/WOV ?

speculating...does that mean that the new patching standard will finally put static aircraft in WOE/WOV ?

thats what we are hopeing for.

In the last days i set the river Rhine completly on the map. Thatswhy i was forced to make the Mittelrheintal, the famous avalley in Germany along the Rhine where you can find a lot of Castles. To flying in this valley is a nice experience, but unfortunatly i'm unable to set castles in the area. This has never happen before, dont know, what i have done wrong.

Gepard,

Your work is amazing what else can you say about this current project.

Thanks,

MIndbender

Gepard,

Your work is amazing what else can you say about this current project.

Thanks,

MIndbender

I think next weekend i should be ready for release of the new version of Vogesen terrain.

gallery_3395_48_188560.jpg

Was a little bit time consuming while developing, but i think this petite Chateau was worth the effort.

Hi Gepard..

Firstly Thanks for your Work and the Excellent Terrain work you have provided all in the Community with Already..i like your idea regrading the Formosa Straits Terrain but have to admit what I feel is most Needed in the Strike Fighter Series is more Terrains for First Eagles, Perhaps, if you have the time mate, you may consider some development of some further Terains for F.E.? I know many of us would like to see a Austro-Italian front terrain (epecially with work completed on the Excellent Hanriot) Id also love to see a Somme Terrain (as we have a Flanders and Verdun) perhaps a modified Desert Terrain could be created to build a Western Desert Terrain or Palestine terrain? That would be amazing, another idea may be a Gallipoli Terrain and Campaign? These are of course only suggestions but I hope you dont mind me posting them...

Keep up your excellent work mate..looking forward to updated Vosegen!!!

Take care and all the best...

Rab

Fife

Scotland