Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

good bye to an old friend..Bob Hope Dies

to many he was a link to the world in the middle of conflict and to others he was one of the funniest men on screen and stage,but no matter how he was seen Bob Hope was and always will be an icon.I still have my tickets(unused)to see one of his shows.

I wish peace and solitude to his family in their time of loss and to the world..we're all a little emptier today.

Its hard to imagine a world without his humor. I grew up watchin' him as a kid and adult and loved every minute. Ill be watchin a Hope comedy tonight...

My prayers and sinserest condolences to his family. We will all miss him... :(

The movies that he made with Bing Crosby were classics. The "Road" pictures, as they were known, were great. My favorite was the Road to Morocco.

Another great movie, in my opinion, was called, "The Ghost Breakers". Bob Hope's costar in the movie was Paulette Goddard. It is an outstandingly funny movie. In fact, I just ordered a used DVD copy of it on Ebay Half.Com.

Bob Hope was a natural comedian, to be sure. I put him in the same category as Red Skelton; another great man.

Navychief

Thanks for the Memories Bob.

from the fathers to the sons to the grandsons..Thank You Mr Hope!!! you brought a bit of sunshine to a lot of dark places around the world..and you did it with Class,you and bing are again together,problly handicaping the 6th?

Saw him in 67 in Nam--at BearCat, base camp for the 9th Inf Div. What a guy and show. Will never forget him.