Sign in to follow this  
TurtleHawk

Be careful who you point that thing at!

I doubt this is true (fully armed), but whether true or not, it cracked me up.

It's especially funny if you know the area. And with the recent fly-overs at football games at the "Q", it is just very timely:

Two California Highway Patrol Officers were conducting speeding

enforcement on I-15, North of the Marines Air Station Miramar. One

of the officers was using a hand held radar device to check speeding

vehicles approaching near the crest of a hill.

The officers were suddenly surprised when the radar gun began

reading 300 miles per hour. The officer attempted to reset the radar

gun, but it would not reset and turned off. Just then a deafening roar over the treetops revealed that the radar had in fact locked onto a USMC F/A-18 Hornet which was engaged in a low-flying exercise near the location.

Back at the CHP Headquarters the Patrol Captain fired off a complaint to the USMC Base Commander. Back came a reply in true USMC style: Thank you for the message, which allows us to complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Hornet had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked onto your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, an air to ground missile aboard the fully armed aircraft had also automatically locked onto your equipment. Fortunately the Marine Pilot flying the Hornet recognized the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile system alert status and was able to override the automated defense system before the

missile was launched and your hostile radar was destroyed. Thank you for your concerns.

Semper Fi gang

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I read the same history but about a tornado of the RAF...

Yeah, I suspected this was a ...insert favorite plane, country, road and least favorite law enforcement force...kind of story.

It reminds me of one of my favorite tee-shirts showing F-14s being used to enforce speed limits, because everybody knows us bikers(BMW K1200S) travel at the speed of sound.

It is funny tho'.

I saw a photo (maybe photo-shopped) of a "speed enforced by aircraft" and it was an Apache hunkered behind some trees

the italian way is more realistic...the police got a beatifull lamborghini in blue and white....for race in haigways....and they got a few guys with an intensive driving technic.

is a expensive car to crash...

I saw a photo (maybe photo-shopped) of a "speed enforced by aircraft" and it was an Apache hunkered behind some trees

i have this picture on an external HD :)

about the story... LOLOL :rofl:

The "automatic" ARM bit proves the story false, at least as written. Like they would have live HARMs on the bird over CA anyway!

This story reminds me for a more or less similar story that was going on in Israel.

There was this guy who went down from T\A to Eilat and he was caught speeding at speeds way over what the law says.

The policeman moves up to this guys window and goes:"I supose you think you are somekind of a pilot going at these speeds, show me your pilot licence.

This young man opens up his jacket and pulls out his Israeli air force pilot licence and the pilots wings. :biggrin::biggrin:

Well, I don't know if it saved him from getting the tickit, but I'm preaty sure there was one helluva jaw drop. :biggrin:

The "automatic" ARM bit proves the story false, at least as written. Like they would have live HARMs on the bird over CA anyway!

We flew Captive AGM-88's all the time at when I was at NAWS China Lake so this is feasible. In the first Gulf War our birds were carrying "FuzzBuster" radar detectors to indicate if I remember the radar for the HAWK SAM system, that we gave to Saddam.

It would put smile on my face if it was over San Francisco (just kidding).