Sign in to follow this  
planecrazydale

Bullet hit sounds & wounded sounds

Hi all,

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but I searched around and couldn't find the answer.

I am just wondering if there are any fixes (sound files, etc) that will make the sound of getting hit by enemy fire a little more noticeable instead of just the "pwing" sound that is in FE.

Also, I just flew a mission where I landed safely, although somewhat shot up, and it said that I had been killed. So, I was wondering if there is also any kind of sound file, etc which I can download which may give a sound when I am being hit/wounded. Or maybe some kind of red screen like in Red Baron. (?)

Thanks a lot everyone!

Dale

If you are shot directly you'll see the plane flying without you. But. There's another way to be considered killed without getting shot in the head or crashing.

This thing http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4851

Don't know about sound... maybe the one from RB2 may be ripped. It was quite loud.

you may consider taking some sound files like from iL-2 and replacing them into your SFP1/WOE directory...you would have to change the file names and maybe a few other tweaks, but it should be do-able

Thanks for your replies. Never even thought to just try transferring some sounds from IL-2, etc.

I'll also trying changing the damage model per that previous posting.

Thanks again!

Dale

again, you may have to do some tweaking, and in the least make the file names match...may poke around another sim like Jane's and see/listen to what you like better, then try that

that is another option...you have to see what they used and see what WOE uses and how easy it would be...if they both use the same quality and type sound file then it is really just a matter of name changing