Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

Improved Small Diameter Bomb (SDB) and Rack

Improved Small Diameter Bomb (SDB) and Rack

Readme for the Small Diameter Bomb (SDB) for SFP1/WOV/WOE

Version 1.0

Thanks to the following folks:

TK - For the ThirdWire series of sims.

Bunyap and Wpnssgt - For the original Weapons Pack.

Mustang - For the great video tutorials.

To my fellow Combatace moderators - For helping me beta test and work out bugs.

Any errors or mistakes are entirely mine.

What you will need first:

Bunyap's Weapon's Pack - http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=2672

Thirdwire Weapons Editor - http://www.thirdwire.com/downloads_tools.htm

Copy of SFP1/WOE/WOV patched to the latest standard (as of 10 Jan 08)

Notes and limitations:

I have included the reference materials I used to make the weapons. And for advanced modelers, I have also included the skin templates if you want to make your own or improve on mine.

Aircraft weapons stations must have EOGR,TLR to be able to carry the SDB and use the BRU-61 rack.

The GBU-40 (SDB II) is a improved model that has an infrared sensor to help attack mobile targets. Also, it has a proposed terminal phase booster to maximize kinetic penetration. This booster will not engage until 1 minute after drop. So, if you want it...you gotta get some range first.

Paint schemes are approximations. The SDB has a LOT of different varients in schemes, so I went with the most reasonable. Early SDBs were orange for test, but more modern versions are gray variants.

For multi-pack carry, if the TW engine finds a multi-rack that is listed eariler in the Weapondata.ini that can carry the missile, it will use that rack instead. You WILL HAVE to fiddle with your loadout.ini files to get it to use the right rack.

This is FREEWARE only, NO money is allowed to be made on the contents of these files, in whole or in part.

Feel free to redistribute, as long as the original authors are given appropriate credit.

Questions? Contact me at Combatace.

FastCargo

10 Jan 08

I hate to ask, I know nothing, and it is the simplest of edits. But aren't they supposed to be GPS guided?

hmhm and another question,, which version of the sunburn goues under the belly of the su-27?

Thanks for the weapons thoguh Fastcargo, briliant!

When a a Jsow?

I hate to ask, I know nothing, and it is the simplest of edits. But aren't they supposed to be GPS guided?

There are only three types of bombs in the game: dumb bombs (BOMB), laser-guided bombs (LGB), non-laser guided bombs (EOGB). The GBU-39/40 belong to the last category, but EOGBs can't be carried on a rack (be either the 2BR, TER or MER), which is why FC turned the GBU-39/40 into EOGRs.

Btw, nice work, FC. :yes:

Edited by Gocad

Both the GBU-39 and GBU-40 are GPS guided in the real world.

However, GPS guidance is good for non-mobile targets (the bomb is simply hitting a preprogrammed coordinate). That's why the GBU-40 was developed. It uses GPS guidance to get to the general area, but uses a terminal phase infrared sensor to update tracking info to hit a mobile target.

Gocad is correct as far as the simulation engine is concerned.

Please put your Sunburn question in the Sunburn support thread, that way others can benefit.

JSOW - '2 weeks'. :biggrin:

FastCargo

Thanks Harold for making this. Looking forward to the JSOW.

There are only three types of bombs in the game: dumb bombs (BOMB), laser-guided bombs (LGB), non-laser guided bombs (EOGB). The GBU-39/40 belong to the last category, but EOGBs can't be carried on a rack (be either the 2BR, TER or MER), which is why FC turned the GBU-39/40 into EOGRs.

Btw, nice work, FC. :yes:

Thx for the explanations; I had not yet figured out that EOGBs could not go on multiple racks. One never finishe learning in SFP!1 universe.

Thx to FC for the explanations about the GBU-40 which makes a lot of sense. Still, my question was about the guidance,, which again is a simple edit with wpn editor. GPS homing EOGR missile, without the tv camera screen that is..

Nice work! Can't wait to test it out. Much better then I would have been able to do.

Nicr if I can get a hold of the latest patch you claim in your readme. I've tried to find the darn thingy.

Nicr if I can get a hold of the latest patch you claim in your readme. I've tried to find the darn thingy.

The latest patch mentioned there is the v08.30.06 patch, which you can get either here @combatace or directly from Thirdwire.