Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

A personal goal achieved!

On Wednesday I made a personal goal of 3000 hours in the T-38.

And just in time, the patches I designed arrived the day after...

gallery_12105_43_93843.jpg

So everyone gets to celebrate...at 5 dollars a patch of course... :biggrin:

Anyway, I figured I'd share...just another way of saying I'm old!

FastCargo

That sure is alot of hours trying to learn how to fly...... :biggrin:

Congrats....

3000hrs in a fast jet is a great accomplishment! Congrats.

Where are you doing your IP time at?

Storm

On Wednesday I made a personal goal of 3000 hours in the T-38.

And just in time, the patches I designed arrived the day after...

gallery_12105_43_93843.jpg

So everyone gets to celebrate...at 5 dollars a patch of course... :biggrin:

Anyway, I figured I'd share...just another way of saying I'm old!

FastCargo

Well done mate. :good: I don't know how many hours I've done sim flying but I guess it's nothing like as many or as hard as the real thing :biggrin:

My best congratulations, mate!

HOOAH for the Cargo!

BTW, i'D REALLY love one of those patches....they really look gorgeous!

How much did you say, 5 bucks? XD

Obviously I'll add shipping fees to Italy LOL

Congrats FC!!

Pilots don't get old until we retire :biggrin: . What's your total time?

Congrats FC.

That's a tremendous amount of Time in Type.

Glad you still get to fly the little 'Fast Movers'.

Yes, I'm extremely envious!!!

:good::ok::clapping:

Edited by ezlead

Thanks folks! 3000k in type doesn't sound like a lot until you realize it was done an average of one flight per hour of time.

And that doesn't include the multiple landings per flight...

Anyway, the patches you see were totally designed by me. When I first realized I was coming up on 3000 hour mark, I started researching and realized there were no 'hours' patches that existed for the T-38...at least not in recent history.

So I decided to make one! Then I figured there might be a market for them since they didn't seem to exist at all. Totally selfish...but sales haven't been bad so far. My goal (besides recouping my cost of having them created) is to make this patch the 'standard' among the T-38 aircrew across all services and operators (ACC, AFMC, USN, NASA, etc.). Sort of my legacy to the T-38 world...

Where are you doing your IP time at?

At Randolph AFB...been there about 4 years as a reservist.

What's your total time?

Military...about 3630 hours total time including my student time. Civilian...about 1770 hours total time with FedEx. I have some other time in various things, but too small to really count for anything.

Respect!!

Stay safe up there, Cheers :)

Man, that is 125 days dealing with students in a machine all too willing to kill you both...unlike the docile 'tweet or beloved turbo-mentor, the Talon (or whatever it is you like to call it) gets ugly quickly the closer you get to pK=1

How do you like flying for FedEx? I used to work for UPS...

Military...about 3630 hours total time including my student time. Civilian...about 1770 hours total time with FedEx. I have some other time in various things, but too small to really count for anything.

You've got roughly double my TT :good: . I had exactly 2000 hours in the BE-1900 last summer when I transitioned to the EMB-120.

Man, that is 125 days dealing with students in a machine all too willing to kill you both...unlike the docile 'tweet or beloved turbo-mentor, the Talon (or whatever it is you like to call it) gets ugly quickly the closer you get to pK=1

Well, that's calculated on a basis of flying 24 hours a day and assuming that every student during every hour is trying to kill you LOL. Not every student is out to kill you :biggrin: .

When you figure in duty/rest times that's a lot longer. Part 121 regs only allow a pilot to fly 1000 hours per colander year. Duty time also is a factor of flight duration and usually company dependant up to the FAA limit of 16 hours between rest periods. At my company our daily duty time is usually at least 2x the flight time per day.

uh...thanks...I know...I was making a comparison to just how long 3,000 hours is...sorry that my odd sense of humor is confusing at times.

In order to garner 3,000 hours in a type, given that typical sortie duration is less than a 1.3 it would take years.

apologies if I seemed more ignorant than I usually am

uh...thanks...I know...I was making a comparison to just how long 3,000 hours is...sorry that my odd sense of humor is confusing at times.

In order to garner 3,000 hours in a type, given that typical sortie duration is less than a 1.3 it would take years.

apologies if I seemed more ignorant than I usually am

lol, I had guessed that you had some knowlege from what you had said earlier. I had made my reply for those who have no basis for comparison :wink: .