Sign in to follow this  
Rambler 1-1

Tropical island map or tilesets

I'm looking for a good tropical island map for SFP1. I got the solomon islands map from the downloads section here, but It doesn't look very tropical. The map is great, but the water, forests and beaches are all much too dark to look tropical. Also, the ships sail across the land.post-28461-1200185435_thumb.jpg

My question is: is there a tropic (carribean or hawaiian) map out there, and if not, would it be possible to change the colour of the tiles in this map to lighter shades? Thx in advance.

Operation Tainted Cigar has Cuba/Florida area with very bright tiles ...

Operation Tainted Cigar has Cuba/Florida area with very bright tiles ...

okay, but where could I find Operation Tainted Cigar? I searched it and looked through all the missions/campaigns in the downlad section, to no avail. I'm considering the madagascar map as a last resort.

okay, but where could I find Operation Tainted Cigar? I searched it and looked through all the missions/campaigns in the downlad section, to no avail. I'm considering the madagascar map as a last resort.

OTC is on page 5 of theCampaign/Mission pages. It comes in two downloads; the planes, and everything else.

Link:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=3874

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=3873

Downloaded, installed, and it was perfect, aside from the water which is a bit of a monotone with my "low" detail setting.

It's a shame to have to delete the rest, but there's no room on the HD for another install of SF.

somebody should consider posting just the terrain on here, 'cause it's good!

Downloaded, installed, and it was perfect, aside from the water which is a bit of a monotone with my "low" detail setting.

It's a shame to have to delete the rest, but there's no room on the HD for another install of SF.

somebody should consider posting just the terrain on here, 'cause it's good!

It is a pretty good terrain and it has plenty of interesting targets.

Rambler, sounds like it's time to clean out the p0rn folders!!! :rofl: (I, too, have to do that every few months)

OTC was split into the 2 paks to help those with slow connections for downlods. It's designed to work as a full package for a stand-alone Cuban MIssile Crisis install

Personally, I'd like to see a Central Pacific map ... with all them wonderfull little islands and such. <sigh> maybe it's time to start learning the TE....laying out targets is easy!

Wrench

kevin stein

Ooo...how about a map of Okinawa? Especially for WWII? Man, I would eat that up

Isn't there a WW2 Okinawa map over at Avsim?

WHAT? How did I miss that?!?!?! Wait...is this to get me back for the Pats comment?

WHAT? How did I miss that?!?!?! Wait...is this to get me back for the Pats comment?

No, I'm wrong. I just checked it out and there was no Okinawa terrain. Burma, China, New Guinea, Solomon,and Phillipines, but no Okinawa. Sorry.

The Pats comment would deserve something more nefarious but I'm a bit too hungover to think of anything. :biggrin:

Edited by tank03

Sorry, just ever since that John Kerry comment, well...kind of liking the White Sox after Mrs. Clinton said she was a fan...I know, some people are just that petty

There sure is an "Okinawa" map ... I been working on it all day long, tweeking airfields and adding new targets (Yawata Steel Mills, docked ships, various and sundry other target areas) Includes the Home Islands up a little way's past Nagoya, Korea and Okinawa.

NOw, if I could just figure out the where the damn airplane factories are in southern Honshu....

It should in Edwards WW2 map pak...

Wrench

kevin stein

? Is it out already or in-progress? Does it have the Yomitan and Kadena airfields? Is Ie Jima there?

:ninja:

Rambler, sounds like it's time to clean out the p0rn folders!!! :rofl: (I, too, have to do that every few months)

OTC was split into the 2 paks to help those with slow connections for downlods. It's designed to work as a full package for a stand-alone Cuban MIssile Crisis install

Personally, I'd like to see a Central Pacific map ... with all them wonderfull little islands and such. <sigh> maybe it's time to start learning the TE....laying out targets is easy!

Wrench

kevin stein

I'm afraid it's not as easy as cleaning out all my por- I mean "Important School Documents". I've consolidated the small ammount of HD space I'm allowed on this shared computer, I freed up almost a gigabyte, but If I put in another install of SF I'm bound to take some flak from Honourable Grand High Ruler of Household and Master of Computer, and It'll make my current install run all chunky again. Once I get my own computer there will be no stopping me....

And before you ask, yes I have been running defrag and antivirus on a regular basis.

Far as I know, it's a 'been out out for a while' thing...here's a jpg of planningmap 3:

okinawa_pm3.jpg

Also, as far as I know, it's one of Edwards. I went looking for it this after noon meself, and counldn't find either. I'm pretty sure it's BP (before payware)...I remember getting it as the whole package, and later replacing the New Gueina with his full-sized version.

I'll have to see if I have an un=modified backup (hopefully, I do). This one's getting a butt-load of stuff added to give the IJAAF/IJNAF something to protect, and the Allies something more to attack. Several of the airfields have been switched over to my 'new' dirt runway 1, etc, etc, etc.

Wrench

kevin stein

Guest capun

Try AVSIM, some of his scenarios were posted there

Here's some idea as to how I've dressed it up a bit...

Nagoya docks:

nagoya-1.jpg

close up of the beached fishing boats:

nagoya-2.jpg

Trying to re-create those famous gun camera films of strafing the docked ships.

Other than the usual add-on (the famous Factory Place), I've tried to use all stock items. Now, I'm sure a few of the additional target items are NOT historically placed...but it will give you something else to do.

Wrench

kevin stein

found the original on AVSIM...had to remember my account password...will install this week, but am really looking forward to this Wrench-version...you know how much I enjoy details

by the by, need anything for the Okinawa side of those improvements?

For the upgrade, everything will be included. As mentioned, the "Factory Place" for some items. Everhtying else comes right out of the WoV or WoE terrain cats. Which is why I'm including them, as some of these objects arn't in SF at all.

Uses the same terrain tiles, etc. Just make sure you have all the PTO objects in the Ground Objects folder, plus a few other WW2 veicles (I'm using Geo's Opel Blitz just for show -- several parked vehicles will be the standard Commie Trucks)

Hopefully, the Solomons and New Guiena upgrades may be out by the weekend. They're the easiset, as there's no major industrial centers to build (like in Japan).

Sparky, I'm glad you found it! I couldn't find it yesturday.

Wonder if it'd be OK to upload the original here, too. I'll have to check with the other moderators/admins/owners. We should have it here, available for all

Oh, Edward, if you're reading this -- ok to upload here???

Wrench

kevin stein