Sign in to follow this  
Dave

GO AWAY.....

Another freakin's Survivor show...... oh for the love of God and everything Holy on this Earth, smite this show down before we have to endure another season of it.

For hate's sake, I stab at thee!...

Add Big Brother to that list.

Another freakin's Survivor show...... oh for the love of God and everything Holy on this Earth, smite this show down before we have to endure another season of it.

Here Here!!!! Between that and commercials taking up almost 30 mins per hour of air time I've switched to watching DVDs!

I watched the some of the first season of survivor because I thought that's what they would be doing. You know, finding food, building shelter, etc. I didn't realize it was some sort of competitive game show that could just as easily be filmed in an office building than some exotic location. I mean, the producers either give or withhold everything they need/use so why do they really need to be out in the jungle? They could lock them anywhere and do the same thing. Haven't wached it since.

I'll take another season of Survivor (regrettably) if it would only make X disappear from the face of the earth (insert drug/alcohol/pregnant- addled 20 something tv/movie starlet here)

I watched the some of the first season of survivor because I thought that's what they would be doing. You know, finding food, building shelter, etc. I didn't realize it was some sort of competitive game show that could just as easily be filmed in an office building than some exotic location. I mean, the producers either give or withhold everything they need/use so why do they really need to be out in the jungle? They could lock them anywhere and do the same thing. Haven't wached it since.

exactly. The first couple were good, up to the pirate one, and it just went downhill from there.

You should be happy, you dont know what do we have to watch in croatia....

...or in Russia. Well, it's mostly just ripoffs of Western shows. Though I doubt you have something BigBrother-ish lasting for errm.. let me seee.. 3 years and no end date has ever been announced. :crazy: I'm glad I don't watch TV.

You want survior? Let a plane crash (preferably an antonov or illuysion..) or dump them on an island. Come back in a year or so.

You want survior? Let a plane crash (preferably an antonov or illuysion..) or dump them on an island. Come back in a year or so.

It was only supposed to be a three hour trip... :biggrin:

lucky I have my DVD set of ATHF...

Hahaha! The only way I can own that is if I buy it for my PSP...

FastCargo

I'll take another season of Survivor (regrettably) if it would only make X disappear from the face of the earth (insert drug/alcohol/pregnant- addled 20 something tv/movie starlet here)

A very good point. I'll go laong with you on that one! :good:

You're all missing the point!! You're supposed to watch the show and then realise that: "No matter how bad things can be from time to time, at least I'm not on the 'Real World'!!" I gotta give credit where credit's due. When I watch these, I never feel bad about myself... :biggrin:

I think they need to fire every writer, because the past four years of tv has been the same recycled crime drama/ sex in the city/ reality show garbage.

The writers have not been missed.

I don't get how you have reality shows that are scripted! On the plus side, thanks to reality TV, we get shows like The Soup that take the p*ss outta them.

I think they need to fire every writer, because the past four years of tv has been the same recycled crime drama/ sex in the city/ reality show garbage.

The writers have not been missed.

You haven't been watching Battlestar Galactica then...

FastCargo

I would recommend everyone watch the movie "Network". It is a frightening predictor of what we are currently experiencing.

You haven't been watching Battlestar Galactica then...

FastCargo

I have seen a few of the new series they are pretty decent...

Wait...there are writers?

BSG? I really enjoy that one...man, the terrorists-based episodes were hard for me, but then that was their point...not afraid to tackle difficult issues...and there Olmos rocks!

Wait...there are writers?

man, I hate it when people steal my posts.

you know what they say about 1000 monkeys and 1000 typewriters....

put 'em in a room and in five hours you'll have a better script than anything on TV right now.

isnt the last writers strike what spawned the "reality" based shows anyway...so why are they striking so soon again? They are getting worse than the MLB/NBA

isnt the last writers strike what spawned the "reality" based shows anyway...so why are they striking so soon again? They are getting worse than the MLB/NBA

I wouldn't say so, at least not like those greedy NBA bastards! (Except for Chris Webber, he's the best player in the league and therefore exempt from criticism). But seriously, the writers are getting screwed when something they produce is sold online and they don't see any cash for it...

I don't get how you have reality shows that are scripted! On the plus side, thanks to reality TV, we get shows like The Soup that take the p*ss outta them.

From what I've heard, the writers on reality shows kind of review what's going on with the "cast" and then plan/write scenarios to hopefully prod things along and create conflict/tension (which supposedly makes good TV). For instance, on Survivor, if they notice certain "cast" arguing over food, they could "write" in a scenario in which the camera guys pay special attention to those cast during dinnertimes or during food challenges. Though I would hardly call that writing.